Hi,

Just wondering as how many pcs exist on this planet including personal computers, corporate ones, unis, public places etc etc. Any idea? Thanks...

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MosaicFuneral

Hi,

Just wondering as how many pcs exist on this planet including personal computers, corporate ones, unis, public places etc etc. Any idea? Thanks...

My estimate of working, configured, post-assembly line computers would be 1-Billion 100-Million.

First you have to define what you consider a computer - almost any home or office device that you purchase today contains more computing power than what was generally for sale as a computer just 10 years ago. Unless you narrow your question a lot, there is no real answer that would not be wrong as soon as it was written.

a single company named Wuhan in China is set to produce 60 million desk top computers per year.

1,132,345,679 exactly at time of posting.

P.S my wife's computer just blew up so subtract 1.

Edited by frogboy77: n/a

Reading your post i feel the need to go out and buy some form of upper garment related to a sporting team. Can you help me?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.