Thought this would get a lot of response...

Is DaniWeb comprised of more men or women?

Recommended Answers

All 74 Replies

More men I bet...

Most girls are not smart .. no offense to my gender.. but we're too interested in drama and painting our fingernails.

^ ... well atleast you admit it. ;)

Ooops... :o

rofl

Hehe... I see what you did.

More men I bet...

Most girls are not smart .. no offense to my gender.. but we're too interested in drama and painting our fingernails.

(Many) Girls are smart. I mean, I believe statistics show that boys\men are pushed more than females to focus on Math and the sciences (hence, mostly men in IT\Programming) but I know female scientists. programmers, engineers, etc. They are incredibly intelligent. My girlfriend is higly intelligent and I love this about her! I learn so much from her. She does not "paint her nails" or wear make-up (I detest make-up on women :evil: )She is also a big nerd which is lovely. :cheesy:

-- By the way, I am a male. ;):lol:

Matty

yeah girls can be computer nerds too. Look at dani :)

Im male by the way

I think I'm androgynous, but there's no option in the poll for that boo hoo.

66 views... 11 votes... anyone else see the dicrepancy?

66 views... 11 votes... anyone else see the dicrepancy?

Yes, I do. But, you know, it is prohibitively difficult to cast a vote (especially with only two choices). :rolleyes::lol:

Matty

Are views unique? I saw and cast a vote earlier, but I'm also looking at it now, having seen that there were more responses since the first time through. Would that count as one view, or two? (Or three, since I'm unlikely to see any response to this if I don't come back and add another view...)

also search engine spiders etc... count as views

I agree that not ALL women are concerned with the material things... I was just saying that I think there are more men than women who are interested in computers and whatnot. I admit, I'm a girly girl who likes to paint my toenails and wear make-up (not a lot tho. eye-liner, mascara, & eye shadow). But I like to be smart too. :) 4.0 average baby!

^.^ right Duki?

4.0 average

That's excellent.

That's excellent.

thank you :)

That's excellent.

Or it means you need a few challenging classes ;)

/me goes off to grumbling about graduating from HS 112th in his class with a 3.5...

Or it means you need a few challenging classes ;)

/me goes off to grumbling about graduating from HS 112th in his class with a 3.5...

I have a lot of challenging classes... but I know my limits ;) See, I'm smart all-around!

Limits are what you make them :p

just teasin' ;)

Sure sure ;)

My class is full of geniuses.. taking Calculus as a Junior. I'm used to feeling dumb =/

I maintained 4.0 thoughout all of college (but, I will not even mention my high school grades :rolleyes::lol:).

Matty

Yeah, I did the calculus thing too. It was so nice skipping a year of math when I got to university. Let me slack off even more than I already do (which is probably why I don't get better than a 3.5) :o

I think you guys are smarties.
Hopefully I'll maintain my 4.0 in college also.

What are you planning on majoring in?

Umm... nothing big. I'm going to be a NP (Nurse Practicioner). Yeah I know you're 'thinking why is she in DaniWeb?' - I'm a geek on the inside.

Hehe. A nurse, huh? Not bad, could use more of them around. Good luck with that :)

Yeah, I like helping & taking care of people. :) thanks.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

(Many) Girls are smart. I mean, I believe statistics show that boys\men are pushed more than females to focus on Math and the sciences (hence, mostly men in IT\Programming) but I know female scientists. programmers, engineers, etc. They are incredibly intelligent. My girlfriend is higly intelligent and I love this about her! I learn so much from her. She does not "paint her nails" or wear make-up (I detest make-up on women :evil: )She is also a big nerd which is lovely. :cheesy:

-- By the way, I am a male. ;):lol:

Matty

yeah girls can be computer nerds too. Look at dani :)

Im male by the way

What could I say exceptions do exist:mrgreen:

well my computing class is composed of 27 lads and no girls whatsoever. Over the whole department theres only about 8 girls to roundabout 300 guys

i think that proves our point....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.