What's area 51 for?

Recommended Answers

All 96 Replies

To house areas 1 - 50

Area 51 is allegedly a secret US government place where they keep aliens and UFOs

It is also a forum where members who have donated financially to DaniWeb, along with moderators and team colleagues, get together to chat and debate various issues relating to DaniWeb.

ah. On that subject actually, i have some issues with paypal. Could i send cash as a daniweb dontaion? (air mail?)

Send the money to me instead; I actually need it.

Send the money to me instead; I actually need it.

That made me fall off the chair -- you never fail to amaze me with your quality humour. ;-)

Well, im not exactly rolling in cash here either ;) (unemployed student whose only hobby is this forum , who feels kinda guilty that hes never donated but the silly paypal site hates him so he cant :( )

To quote from the donations payment page:

Don't use PayPal?

You can also mail us a check to the following address. Be sure to indicate that the check is for a Member Sponsorship and don't forget to include your forum username.

Dani Horowitz
1 Dawn Lane
Searingtown, NY 11507

ah. On that subject actually, i have some issues with paypal. Could i send cash as a daniweb dontaion? (air mail?)

There's a mailing address on the payment page.:cool:

How much do most people donate on avg?

I was gonna donate the $45. Suppose i can sort something out...

>How much do most people donate on avg?
I donate my time and expertise, so at my usual consultancy rate and a guestimate of about 15 minutes per post, I've donated about $53,000. Add to that the PITA fee of 15% the regular rate and it goes to an even $60,000. I wonder if I can deduct that from my taxes... ;)

Well im sorta unemployed, but if i worked in mcdonalds or something i would £3.30 per hour (as i am under 18)

i estimate each post to take around 1 minute. 3648 posts / 60 = 60.8 hours of work

60.8 * £3.30 = £200.64 is how much i could have have theroretically "earnt" from daniweb.

>200.64 isnt a lot.
That's because you break down the increments too small. Anything less than 15 is too small, and a lot of people will tell you that anything less than an hour is too small. ;)

if i make it 15 mins iit works out at about £1500 per year

>if i make it 15 mins iit works out at about £1500 per year
Slacker.

What's area 51 for?

Cant tell ya,secret govermental discussions are in progress on that base!

Cant tell ya,secret govermental discussions are in progress on that base!

But really, what exactly do they do there?

Why they communicate with the alien races of course! Analyze and discover as much as they can about the different alien races.. And try to determine why the aliens are investigating our planet... lol

Why they communicate with the alien races of course! Analyze and discover as much as they can about the different alien races.. And try to determine why the aliens are investigating our planet... lol

Lol interesting.
Do you believe aliens exist?

haha.. I was just joking.. I'm a realist.. So I've got to say that no, I do not believe we have made any contact with other life forms. However, there are probably other life forms out there... The universe is HUGE!

Also, I don't know what your religious views about this are.. but I think aliens would by contrary to Christianity (to some extent). Well, the bible never mentions anything about aliens. And why would god creat other species when humans are his perfect creation?

Also, I don't know what your religious views about this are.. but I think aliens would by contrary to Christianity (to some extent). Well, the bible never mentions anything about aliens. And why would god creat other species when humans are his perfect creation?

Yeah, I don't believe in them lol.

But really, what exactly do they do there?

That's secret... Some keywords: black helicopters, THEM, the man from UNCLE, MK Ultra, chemtrails, fake moon landings.

Technically Area 51 is a military grid coordinate for a part of the Nellis ranges, which are most famous for their use as bombing and low flying areas for exercises like Red Flag.
It is centered around Groom Lake dry lakebed.

From the 1950s to the 1970s (possibly 1980s) it was a site for testing top secret experimental aircraft (like the SR-71 and U-2).
Security is and was extremely tight, with base security having instructions to shoot to kill without warning anyone approaching the complex.
Because of that tight security and the weird sound and light shows sometimes seen in the area (remember in the 1950s most people had never seen or heard a jet or rocket engine) many UFO stories were reported in the area, leading conspiracy theorists to claim it's a secret alien base.

Yeah, I don't believe in them lol.

they don't need your belief, after all they exist and anything that exists doesn't have to be believed in to be real :)

when I first got google earth, down the left hand side you can click onto area 51, but it aint there now.

It was just a bunch of sheds

lol.. really? Thats interesting..

(remember in the 1950s most people had never seen or heard a jet or rocket engine)

adolf hitler, his german scientists created and made it possible for teh invention of rocket propulsion 1940-45. Electron microscope too.

it is impossible to say wheteher we have made contact, im sure if alien life came across earth they would pass without interfering. Would you interfer with the evolution of a immature and childish civilisation? Exspecially controlled by the leaders of today? The only conclusion is, alien species offering help to eradicate the indigenous species of a planet populated by extremely low level technological mammals.

It is hard to say whether or not the moon landing was faked, the blowing flag is too convincing tho.

Some of you should go and research how the moon actually played a part in the development of the human race. You will be quite astonished.

Lol interesting.
Do you believe aliens exist?

Of course! Just look, they're always sneaking across the border and

oh, wait. You meant the other kind, huh?

haha.. I was just joking.. I'm a realist.. So I've got to say that no, I do not believe we have made any contact with other life forms. However, there are probably other life forms out there... The universe is HUGE!

In regards to this:
As I've said elsewhere, I am a christian. Based on what I understand from the scriptures, I do not believe we will ever run into intelligent extraterrestrial life, no. I am willing to accept the idea that there might be non-intelligent life out there somewhere, though.

As to your last line about creating other species, if that were true, then why do we have everything from aardvarks to zebras on this planet?

It is hard to say whether or not the moon landing was faked, the blowing flag is too convincing tho.

Which blowing flag? The one where it was rocking a bit, or the one where they didn't manage to get the boom arm extended enough to stretch it all the way? http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html#flag

commented: funny/good post. -christina =) +7

I doubt it was faked but there would definately have been a precedent for it to be. Russia had beaten the americans to get a man into space and if they had got men on the moon cold war tension would have reached an all time high.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.