Hi, I'm getting a NetServer LH3R with 6 9GB SCSI drives installed and 2 Pentium III 500MHz processors along with 1GB of RAM and 2 10/100 NICs and I would like to multiboot on it Windows NT 3.51 and Windows2000. I've tried googling around for information on this but could not find a good guide on doing this. Could someone here please provide me with the information I need to successfully multiboot these OSes? (e.g. partitioning setup, order of installation, etc) Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT: And if anyone's wondering why I would like to multiboot these two OSes the reason is that I've already bought Windows NT 3.51 off eBay for another NetServer I had gotten handed down to me (but unfortunately it was on its last legs and within a week just stopped working :( ) and am now buying a replacement server and thus would feel kind of guilty not putting this OS I just bought into use, but would also like to be able to use a more recent OS as well...and in case anyone's wondering no this is not going to be a production server, it's going to be something for me to play with (they come cheap off eBay...this one was only $350 with all these specs and in a used but good condition), so again thanks in advance for any help you can offer! :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

you can you special boot managers for this. As i know Acronis OS Selector supports both of os's you want to install.

2k and nt4 is possible. something like (i dunno the bootloaders name but it comes with some partitionmagics) dunno bout 3.51

Honestly even if you bought NT it's not worth to use it as long as you have 2000. However each os should be on it's own partition. NT goes first on the partition that contains the MBR lets say c: and 2000 should be installed in top of NT on the second partition (d: ).

That's it.

i got a proliant 1600 and nt4 server wif 5 cals for cheap of ebay lately have a look, reliable and built like tanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.