Ireland is a silly place

Those Irish are crazy though.. you should see them in New York City during the Saint Patrick's Day Parade! lmfao! Fun people to party w/ I bet

I love the invention of Beer in Ireland on Family Guy.

ive only ever been to Northern Ireland

>> Ireland is a silly place
You're a silly place.

>> I love the invention of Beer in Ireland on Family Guy.
Ha. Yeah. That was funny alright. Confused archaeologists for generations. It's only recently, with FG's help, that the past has been brought to life. Amazing, eh?

>> ive only ever been to Northern Ireland
I've never been there really. Well, I passed through it, but never stayed there. Meh. Probably nothing special ... Good accent though.

Oh, so you are from the real ireland?

thats not a silly place, i meant that Northern Ireland was a silly place. I went there once and it was scary

>> Ireland is a silly place
You're a silly place.

Haha, I literally LOL'd when I read that. ;)

>> Haha, I literally LOL'd when I read that. :P

No, you LOL'd ... hang on.
... I think maybe I should go to bed.

LOL is such a great word

Ha, that's always what I say. Someone says something like "Ireland's a silly place." And I always come back with something like, "You're a silly place." It's funny seing someone else do it.

haha... talk about lame come backs ;)

Yeah, that's why it's funny.

mmm loads of chavs use that comeback

they usually reply: "yeah well ur mum!" or something like that

>> Haha, I literally LOL'd when I read that. :P
Hang on. Did you say "LOL", or did you laugh. I really hope it was the latter. People who do the former are weird!

>> talk about lame come backs :P
You're a lame comeback!

>> "yeah well ur mum!"
I hate those ones. Some friends of mine brought it to such a level that no matter how well humoured the joke I have to punch someone very hard. Or at least I want to. Or I get out of the room and play loud music.

>> "yeah well ur mum!"
I hate those ones. Some friends of mine brought it to such a level that no matter how well humoured the joke I have to punch someone very hard. Or at least I want to. Or I get out of the room and play loud music.

Do you play the music in an attempt to rid yourself of the desire to cause pain to them, or do you do something like cranking the volume to the max, pointing the speakers at them, and then putting on something like 'Greatest Polka Hits of 1973' and shoving a set of earplugs in?

Nah. I crank it to 11 so I can't hear them. However. What's wrong with Polka? :P

I don't know of anything wrong with it, it's just one of those things that become sort of infamous for not being liked. I needed some kind of an example, and that's what presented itself to me.

haha.. Abercrombie even made a shirt with "Your Mom" printed on the front..

god i hate chav comebacks

there like hahaha ginger and im like "yeah?" then there like "you startin!" and so im like "actually, i believe that was you...." then they get confused and go away

Hang on. Did you say "LOL", or did you laugh. I really hope it was the latter. People who do the former are weird!

I laughed. :)

i actually say rofl or lol now if i find something amusing. maybe its a sign that i should use elss of the computer ;)

other signs to warn me that i use too much pc

a: typing "ls" into google search

b: having a sudden urge to play minesweper/solitare (god bless my pda, now i can play it 24/7)

c: saying lol and rofl out loud

d: writing in 133t in my english class

e: using IR to beam my Vcard to my pals in my comp/sci class

f: finding nothing amusing about the linux command "man mount"

>> I laughed.
Good work. You loose ... zero cool points.

I used to say lol and rotfl to amuse myself and to annoy people but then stopped cause I heard someone who said it in earnest all the time and it sounded ... not good.

jbennet, I like the sound of (a).

Oh, also (when I atext message on my phone), I don't use shortened words. It annoys me too :/

mm i do that really, like i find myself going to my windows PC and hitting Conteol+Alt+F(x) and expecting to get a virtual terminal ;)

That really doesn't happen to me -- see us Irish have the ability to distinguish life from reality ... I mean ...

Daniweb is my life lol reality is but a sidestory

commented: reality is just a second life. +4

god i hate chav comebacks

there like hahaha ginger and im like "yeah?" then there like "you startin!" and so im like "actually, i believe that was you...." then they get confused and go away

haha.. did you ever see the South Park where Cartman almost leads the gingers into a rebellion? :D

i actually say rofl or lol now if i find something amusing. maybe its a sign that i should use elss of the computer ;)

other signs to warn me that i use too much pc

a: typing "ls" into google search

b: having a sudden urge to play minesweper/solitare (god bless my pda, now i can play it 24/7)

c: saying lol and rofl out loud

d: writing in 133t in my english class

e: using IR to beam my Vcard to my pals in my comp/sci class

f: finding nothing amusing about the linux command "man mount"

lol.. a,b, and d I can relate w/.. I got a 70 on my English semester exam b/c I used leet in the essay haha.. my teacher was a BIT**

Yeah, I play minesweeper on expert when I'm bored and I type "Is" into google search too. I also have to spell everything right and use the right punctuation in text messages. It just annoys me when I don't.

70? is that bad?

70%/100% That was just what I got on my exam.. ended up with a "B" in English.. the only class I don't get "A"s in.

90-100% =A=5
80-89% = B=4
75-79%= c=3
70-74%= d=2
<70%= f=1

Interesting scale...is this a personal one from that instructor, or one used by your entire school as a unit? Every class I've attended except for one (a college calculus course) was:
A - 90-100%
B - 80-89%
C - 70-79%
D - 60-69%(HS) or 65-69%(Clg)
F - Below a D.
I - Incomplete (courses with work turned in late, mostly...usually ends up translating into a D or an F)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.