i just got a dell precision 390 and put a Geforce 7950GT in it for my gaming needs. sometimes after leaving the computer idle for like 12 hours i'll come back and my monitor will just show a sort of static but not quite as scrambled, with a lavender color to it. I can't get back to my desktop or anything but after pressing the power button the static stuff goes away and i see a blue scree (like the logoff screen) with no text before it reboots.

I have my tower in an office desk. could it be overheating and causing this? Anyone have any other suggestions i should try?

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by webdevctk

Sounds a little like a problem in the computer labs at school. Don't know what causes it, though some people claim it's the monitors. I'm not advocating splurging on a new monitor, but if you have a spare laying around you might try it...

Did any of you guys find the problem to this? I work in a Sixth Form College (UK) and we have hundreds of monoitors and it still gave the same problem... even doing windows update

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.