Hi Guys, I am kinda new to this forum. But I need your help. I am not sure which language I can use to make a software which can sniffs Wireless network. any help or Open Source could will help me tremendosly... many thanks in advance and this community rocks..

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Although there are legitimate reasons to use wireless sniffers, it seems like most of them are used to break into secured wireless networks, which is against the rules (see "keep it legal" section) to discuss here (and it's illegal to do such a thing). Sorry.

Although there are legitimate reasons to use wireless sniffers, it seems like most of them are used to break into secured wireless networks, which is against the rules (see "keep it legal" section) to discuss here (and it's illegal to do such a thing). Sorry.

hey dude i m not into hacking or anything it is my Final Year Project in my Uni and all I have to is to demonstrate the functionality and how we can secure the wireless networks. thnks for your reply.

If your project is really on Securing Wireless networks you can try out Java as your choice of language. Read this.

speaking of that, does anyone know a (prefarably pocketpc) WEP (Not wpa) key cracker?

my dad says im paranoid with changing them every few days but i wanna provbe him wrong

If your project is really on Securing Wireless networks you can try out Java as your choice of language. Read this.

many thanks....

Hi Guys, I am kinda new to this forum. But I need your help. I am not sure which language I can use to make a software which can sniffs Wireless network. any help or Open Source could will help me tremendosly... many thanks in advance and this community rocks..

Does kismet not do what you want?

Does kismet not do what you want?

do you know wat language kismat is made in.... that might help

do you know wat language kismat is made in.... that might help

C

C

is there anyway i can get open source for my literature review... thnks

yes

yes

can i have it then pls... thnx bruv

can i have it then pls... thnx bruv

Ever thought of going to Kismet's website and clicking on the "downloads" page?

Ever thought of going to Kismet's website and clicking on the "downloads" page?

But that would mean him actually doing something!

commented: :cheesy: -joeprogrammer +5

Hey Guys I can't install Kismat on my system as it requires an adapter from WinPcap and which is quite expensive for a student like me. any other ideas ...

Why not try out the link I posted in my 4th post... ?

Why not try out the link I posted in my 4th post... ?

gimme ze codez asap pronto plz, iz very extremely urgent!!!!!

That's probably the reason...

gimme ze codez asap pronto plz, iz very extremely urgent!!!!!

That's probably the reason...

:mrgreen:

Hey Guys I can't install Kismat on my system as it requires an adapter from WinPcap

No I don't think it needs an adapter from WinPcap. Where did you read that anyway?

As long as it's one of these cards: WSP100, Drone, airpcap, wtapfile, pcapfile

That's what Joe said. Its other tools you can use.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.