lastnight when browsing daniweb i realized something.

when i first started browsing this site back around 2004 i was offering PC troubleshooting support. I spent most of my time on this site offerent support for others at zero cost because i love to do that sort of thing.

Around that time i was dabbling in C++ and other languages and the thought of doing that full time was just that, a though.

Now today three years later I'm being payed very good money to develop software on a daily basis and I love it.

Just funny how my computer skills have evolved so much. I want from a young fledgling noob that liked to tinker with computers to writing software for clients :lol: all that I just turned 20 this year :icon_eek:

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

hah.. cool. There is hope for us noobs I guess ;)

hah.. cool. There is hope for us noobs I guess ;)

lol, there may be hope yet!!

just takes a lot of time and dedication :)

lol.. well, I hope college will provide me with that education :)

lol.. well, I hope college will provide me with that education :)

been there done that and working on going back as well. College is a great experience and helps open up many doors that would otherwise be closed to most.

Where did you go? And what degrees did you earn?

Time flies like the wind.
Fruit flies like bananas.
Pop flies like the sun.
Smoke flies like the clouds.
House flies like garbage.
Tsetse flies like humans.
Pie flies like seltzer water

Where did you go? And what degrees did you earn?

Heald for first college and got my AAS in IT (i regret the school and not the degree though)

working on either UoP or CSU Stan to get BS, im looking into physics and chemistry now though.

I want to be you.

I want to be you.

dedication is key!

i started to tinker with computers...well for as far back as i can remember i have been tinkering with computers...Thats near 12 -13 years of computer experience, starting way back in the days when i was around 7 or 8.

The first OS i remember is 95 but my dad has a copy of every windows OS ever released and some linux distros (even though he never uses them).

I started messing around with programming around the 6th or 7th grade, not sure, but was the first time i started writing code in the C language followed very shortly by C++. And since then it has been dedication that really keeps my working hard at what i do.

Work hard, play hard, and have fun is the key :)

Right now i get payed to write in C#, i could just as easily do VB but I find the syntax of that language to be broken and poorly written.

I also get paid to do web work using easier scripting languages like PHP, Javascript, HTML..etc

dilligence lol

Wow.. 7 or 8? You started early lol.

Yeah, lol. I started at 16 :-S

Wow.. 7 or 8? You started early lol.

well my dad has always been a software engineer/architect his whole life, and just recently moved to product research/development so he's been a major influence in my life and an awesome resource for questions on how things are done in the real world.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.