>thanx ppl i am flattered and that english is called shortcutting
It's called being lazy and cryptic. Not everyone is fluent in English and those people will have trouble reading what you write. Since you have no consideration for other people, we won't have any consideration for you.

>ha ha ha excuse me for being realistic ha ha ha
You're not being realistic. You're being arrogant and rude.

thanx ppl i am flattered and that english is called shortcutting ha ha ha excuse me for being realistic ha ha ha

No, you are not 'shortcutting' anything. You simply don't know english AT ALL. Shortcutting the English language like using "lol, rly?, ty," etc is common, and generally accepted. However, you have completed murdered the english language. You speak in baby gibberish. No one can understand you.. you sound like an idiot. So, perhaps you should either LEARN English or for the short run you definitely should use a different translator.

This thread's still alive? I thought you all quit smoking already.

hah.. I guess not.

ok man from now on i will write proper english for you who don't like my way of writting

commented: Smart move. +6

ok man from now on i will write proper english for you who don't like my way of writting

And we will appreciate it. Thank you.

Lets end this thread with a statement:

Smoking can be bad for you in excess.

>Lets end this thread with a statement:
Why do you want to end it so much?

Because i dislike smoking, and some smokers behaviour.
Unless you want to carry on whining about the behaviour of some of the population of smokers.

>Because i dislike smoking, and some smokers behaviour.
Hmm, you dislike smoking and some smoker's behavior, so you want to stop this discussion? That sounds very selfish.

>Unless you want to carry on whining about the behaviour of some of the population of smokers.
Anyone who doesn't agree with you is whining, perhaps? If it bothers you that much, just don't read the thread. :icon_rolleyes:

Well, i don't want to end this thread, if i wanted to end it, i wouldn't read it, as you rightly pointed out Naure, but the source of my general hatred for a particular action that some smokers do, just burns me up with hatred.

Well...this seems like an ideal place to vent. :)

Because i dislike smoking, and some smokers behaviour.

I dislike the attitudes and behaviors of some non-smokers.

commented: Me too +10
commented: I just don't like some non-smokers. Period. +6
commented: yup +3

Especially when some workers have to stand outside of their shop when they go for a 'cigarette break' outside the door or main entrance. It really puts me off going into shops.

commented: I agree +17

suck it up be a man :P

Especially when some workers have to stand outside of their shop when they go for a 'cigarette break' outside the door or main entrance. It really puts me off going into shops.

By the same token, I have been minding my own business doing my own thing for hours at a place, and someone walks in and asks me to basically quit doing what I'm doing. How would it feel if you were, say, at a park with your family and someone comes up and tells you to leave?

I'm sick of the analogies. On both arguments. Because analogies aren't always accurate and are rarely 100% equal to the argument being made.

commented: analogies != argument +6
commented: Indeed +17

For me that wasn't really an analogy.

Well if let's say a group of people (lets say 5) were standing in front of a shop door smoking, and you really wanted to go into this shop, but you would have to pass through a wall of toxic smoke. Would you go through? In the case of asthmatics, they would have to pass by that shop because they can't go into it through the cloud of toxic smoke created by some inconsiderate people.
BUT, obviously some smokers are considerate and move out of the way.
ALSO could not cigarette providers cut out all of the toxins from the cigarettes, making them out of just nicotine (very small amounts) and paper?
Thus no toxic cloud would be produced.

no because that would make cigarettes expensive

So, but they would be healthier than they are now!
You would rather let people die than act?!?
I get your point, but what is more important, life or some extra cash??

Well if let's say a group of people (lets say 5) were standing in front of a shop door smoking, and you really wanted to go into this shop, but you would have to pass through a wall of toxic smoke. Would you go through? In the case of asthmatics, they would have to pass by that shop because they can't go into it through the cloud of toxic smoke created by some inconsiderate people.
BUT, obviously some smokers are considerate and move out of the way.
ALSO could not cigarette providers cut out all of the toxins from the cigarettes, making them out of just nicotine (very small amounts) and paper?
Thus no toxic cloud would be produced.

The effects of secondhand smoke are vastly exaggerated. Indoors I don't think OSHA could call it a hazard. Outdoors I would imagine the effects to be much like annoying perfume. You may not like it, but it ain't gonna kill ya.

Would nicotine and paper burn well? or taste, well good?

no

nicotene is more toxic than cyanide by the way

no

nicotene is more toxic than cyanide by the way

Citation needed.

Well, in a study following the UK's recent smoking ban, a pub used to have the smoke in it equivalent to 60 cigarettes smoke. Now it is down to 0 due to the ban, which i think is a good idea.

gram by gram it is more deadly. nicotene is what makes the nightshade plant toxic.

quote from my biology textbook:

Nicotine is one of the most popular stimulants in the world (besides caffeine) but is often overlooked as one of the most toxic substances known to man.

40-60mg of nicotene could kill a healthy adult and in these high doses, it's properties mimic those of cocaine (which has a lethal dose of 95.1 mg/kg when administered to mice). In fact, the lethal dose of nicotine is 50 mg/kg for rats and 3 mg/kg for mice. Within the blood concentrations greater than 5 μg/ml may be fatal.

Nicotine exists as a colourless liquid which changes colour to yellow and brown on contact with air or slowly with light. It has a faint odour of tobacco and it also has a sharp, burning and persistent taste and is toxic if swallowed, very toxic in contact with skin and toxic to aquatic organisms.

Absorption of nicotine occurs within a few seconds from the tongue and retina of the eye. It is slower through the stomach and the skin. If fatal doses are taken nicotine, once in the system causes the following symptoms (People poisoned by organophosphate insecticides experience the exact same symptoms)

1. Burning in the mouth and throat, increased secretion of saliva. Parched throat.
2. Head aches, stupefaction, dizziness, indistinctness of vision and hearing, photophobia, coldness of the extremities, and enforced evacuation of the bowels.
3. Respiration is accelerated and laboured.
4. Increased pulse rate.
5. After 45 minutes, swooning and in some cases uninterrupted clonic convulsions, especially in the respiratory muscles, with trembling of the extremities and shaking of the whole body.
6. In severe cases the gastric symptoms predominate. Intense diarrhoea which appears bloody resulting in death in a few hours.

Nicotine causes a central paralysing effect upon the brain and the central nervous system and as a result of absorption, acts upon different organs such as heart, eyes and intestinal tract, leading to death.

your biology has served you well

I used to have this hanging in my cube at work.

lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.