Hi! My name is Becky, I live in Yorktown Va on the Chesapeake Bay. I have 2 masters from William and Mary in Chemistry and Computer Science, from 1980!!! I don't feel that old, but after working for NASA and the Army as an assembly/Paschal programmmer and doing my Chemisty Masters in Fortran/Assembler I quit in 1986 after my first son was born. I play violin/cello/piano and play a lot of weddings, etc.
Music is what got me back into programming, I am developing a tutorial for music theory students. I decided to use c#. It isn't quite like Alice in Wonderland, but I do feel just a bit like Rip Van Winkle! I'm having a blast updating - when I quit the first PC's were just on the market and the web was non existant.

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dani

I'm originally from Chesapeake, VA, which isn't too far from Yorktown. Also my sister is currently going to William and Mary.

It's pretty awesome that you are getting back into programming. I had to write FORTRAN 77 code earlier today for a class, so I can almost tell what you must be coming from. Also C# is a really cool language; hope you enjoy it.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.