Hi! My name is Becky, I live in Yorktown Va on the Chesapeake Bay. I have 2 masters from William and Mary in Chemistry and Computer Science, from 1980!!! I don't feel that old, but after working for NASA and the Army as an assembly/Paschal programmmer and doing my Chemisty Masters in Fortran/Assembler I quit in 1986 after my first son was born. I play violin/cello/piano and play a lot of weddings, etc.
Music is what got me back into programming, I am developing a tutorial for music theory students. I decided to use c#. It isn't quite like Alice in Wonderland, but I do feel just a bit like Rip Van Winkle! I'm having a blast updating - when I quit the first PC's were just on the market and the web was non existant.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi Becky, welcome to DaniWeb.

Hi Becky.
Education never stops huh!
Welcome.

I'm originally from Chesapeake, VA, which isn't too far from Yorktown. Also my sister is currently going to William and Mary.

It's pretty awesome that you are getting back into programming. I had to write FORTRAN 77 code earlier today for a class, so I can almost tell what you must be coming from. Also C# is a really cool language; hope you enjoy it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.