My name is Charlie, nickname is Crosseyed. I'm 45, married and have two boys 14 and 12. I work as an Electrical Engineer for a small automotive solenoid valve manufacturer in Western lower Michigan. I attended Western Michigan University where I played baseball and received my BSEE in 1985.

I enjoy computers (gaming mostly), baseball (retired!! lol), coaching my sons little league team and snowmobiling, and just being a father and husband.

I have a small network at home with up to 7 computers on it at one time. Yes, seven, one for each son, my gamer, mail machine, a small server that I use to experiment with game mods (primarily COD2), two in the garage, one for music and one I use for looking for parts and diagrams for what ever I am working on. I also do a bit of administration on a COD2 server that a friend of mine rents from gameservers.

I was searching for help on what I think is a network related issue with one of my computers and I looked at Daniweb. The site is really loaded with alot of good info and everyone seems really nice. I hope I can contribute and will try to help. I would like to learn a new language as unfortunately when i was in college the PC was just becoming popular so the only languages I learned were FORTRAN and some BASIC. In fact I still write some small apps at work using an old copy of Quick Basic. Its old but it works. I find it simply amazing how far computers have advanced since the mid 80's. My first computer was a 12MHz 286 that had no hard drive!!! lol Yeah I'm old.

Anyhow thanks for welcoming me to the site.

Crosseyed

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi Charlie

Welcome to Daniweb.

Hope you find the site helpful.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Hello Charlie Welcome to Daniweb !

welcome to daniweb.

Hello Crosseyed Charlie, welcome to DaniWeb.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.