hi guys,

this must seem like a pointless and bizaar post, but i just bought a new electric toothbrush, and neither the charger or the brush have contact terminals on them? how does it charge the battery without actually making contact? :rolleyes:

(a very baffed and confused)
darren

Recommended Answers

it's called wirless charging, and your toothbrush is running LinuxBrush 1.0.3

Jump to Post

Maybe the brush has a generator in it, and it uses magnets to to provide rotation. Does it whurrr whilst it charges?

Jump to Post

It's nice that you would destroy your tooth brush in the interests of amatuer science - Kudos!

Jump to Post

Basically it uses a motor to charge your tooth bush when its in the dock a magnet inside the dock causes the coil to spin inside the bush which in turn charges the battery.

Its just using a more advanced version of that experiment with the copper coil and …

Jump to Post

I telnetted into this guy's toothbrush terminal a few weeks ago, and lo and behold I had r00t. I disabled quikbrush function and the dude hasn't been able to brush his teeth for a month...

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Jump to Post

All 19 Replies

Maybe the brush has a generator in it, and it uses magnets to to provide rotation. Does it whurrr whilst it charges?

:cheesy: LMAO!!!! :cheesy:

very good thought there, could do, its almost silent when charging though - this will end up driving me round the bend! :-| lol

the tootbrush might have been taking energy from a solar source... next time you brush, you need to pull your teeth making sure the solar energy is always active. LOL

you guys crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!:d after driving me mad for weeks i finally came to the conclusion that the only way was to pull it apart, so i have now ruined my solar-powered linux brush but..... i found that it only had a small copper coil, no genorator or flashy gadgetry stuff, just a small copper coil, still confused as to how it works though - sorry `worked` dont think it'll work now its insides are on the bathroom floor! :d

ic, so there must be some kind of magnet inside it too or something... a magnet powered toothbrush... :)

wow now thats clever, wont be long before we have contactless plugs / sockets then lol

It's nice that you would destroy your tooth brush in the interests of amatuer science - Kudos!

i thought so :d, i now have a £40 toothbrush with wires hanging out on my desk - but dont worry, its all in the name of science, or should that be curiousity? lol

Basically it uses a motor to charge your tooth bush when its in the dock a magnet inside the dock causes the coil to spin inside the bush which in turn charges the battery.

Its just using a more advanced version of that experiment with the copper coil and a magnet that you do in highschool electronics class

Its just using a more advanced version of that experiment with the copper coil and a magnet that you do in highschool electronics class

cheers mate!!! :cheesy: still very impressed even if it does now have its insides outside :lol:

I telnetted into this guy's toothbrush terminal a few weeks ago, and lo and behold I had r00t. I disabled quikbrush function and the dude hasn't been able to brush his teeth for a month...

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Ha ha nice work.

LMAO!! :lol: you should do stand-up mate :lol:

darren :cool:

Lol. Thanks guys, be cool! Stay smart so I can keep coming back to Daniweb for help.

Lol. Thanks guys, be cool! Stay smart so I can keep coming back to Daniweb for help.

Aww and here i was about to go an labotomize myself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.