I really can't see America electing Hilary Clinton as president.

ah ok.. who would you choose then to become the next president?

I really don't know what people are running for president so i really could not tell you. I just don't think that Americans are really ready to have a female president. I think no matter how far America has come in the last century there is still and underlying precident set that the president has to be a man. It is the same reason why you won't see a black man voted in.

I really don't know what people are running for president so i really could not tell you. I just don't think that Americans are really ready to have a female president. I think no matter how far America has come in the last century there is still and underlying precident set that the president has to be a man. It is the same reason why you won't see a black man voted in.

Following your reasoning: "A black man is not man?" Absurd!

-sigh- I knew this would happen. This is the problem with the world being so damned politically correct you can't say anything about anyone without someone jumping to conclusions and calling your racist or sexist. Where did i say that a black man was not a man?

You implied it, we however know you better and forgive you herewith!

I did not imply it at all. basically what i said is as far as the americans have come over the last 100 years they are still not at the stage of electing a female president and they are not ready to elect a black one either.

..... the president has to be a man. It is the same reason why you won't see a black man voted in.

Implied! You are forgiven!

I'd vote for a black man, just not Obama (or Jesse).

I'd vote for a woman, just not Hillary. (Someone recently called me on the female leader thing to which my reply was simply, "Thatcher".)

I'd vote for an Jewish Asian woman if my views were represented and the candidate was a strong leader.

But thats you as an individual and im sure there woul be other people who have the same veiw and im sure there will be plenty of people who do vote for a woman. As we all know however this is not how democrocy works. Its not the voice of once person but the voice of the majority talking as one. I think that America as a people still have a little way to go before anyone but a while male gets elected.

we voted for margret thatcher and she was terrible (

we voted for margret thatcher and she was terrible (

(Probably because she was a woman :P)

So who is running for president this time around? I think Arnie would get in if he was running mainly because i think people just like voting for the familiar. I think he would be good for America because he would clean the place up like he has California. Im not a big believer in Global warming and all the nonsense we are getting fed by Al Gore and the rest of the rich hippies but i am a big fan of looking after what we have got.

Rofl Arnie would walk into iraq and all the other crap holes and go terminator on thier ass (rofl iraq and back rhyme - ill be back iraq?) - there, a solution to the WoT ;)

nah he is pretty old now. He definatly does not have the body for that sort of thing any more.
Chances are he would be able to find a solution to the WoT though rather then either saying "we have to send more troops and freak them out even more" or "we have to pull all our troops out right now!"

Neither of those options are going to work. Especially pulling out completely now that we are there.

Afghanistan and Iraq are way worse now then ever

If (as I assume) by 'Arnie' you mean Arnold Schwarzenegger, he's not eligible to run for President. Sorry, I agree that (from what little I've seen) he might be a good choice. Still not sure who I'm going to vote for, except definitely not for Hillary. One Clinton presidency was enough for the country to deal with.

Why cant he run?

He's not eligible because 'Arnie" isn't American.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Two_of_the_United_States_Constitution#Clause_5:_Qualifications_for_office

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_schwarzenegger#Early_life

Arnold Schwarzenegger was born in Thal, a city bordering the Styrian capital Graz

You can't argue with the rules.

Strange, Austria was the birthplace of both Arnie and Adolf.

lol

You can argue with the rules by making an amendment to the constitution. I bet it will happen sooner or later, foreign born people will say that it is discriminatory towards them. I say tough luck.

You can argue with the rules by making an amendment to the constitution.

Constitutional amendments are slow and passé. Judicial fiat is the new faster way. ;)

Dubya has no sense of humor, so it matches nicely with his lack of senses of: ethics, charity, secular government, and last but not least, the common type of sense. This further proves my point that the US has gotten very few good things out of Texas; Lovie Smith (Bears!) and the Alamo are some notable exceptions, but I'm sure there are others.

Dubya has no sense of humor, so it matches nicely with his lack of senses of: ethics, charity, secular government, and last but not least, the common type of sense.

Let me just pick one for the moment.

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200403220840.asp

As far as Bush is concerned, in 1991, the future president, then a private citizen, reportedly had income of $179,591, and charitable contributions of $28,236. In 1992, Bush reported income of $212.313, and contributions of $31,914. In 1993, Bush reported income of $610,772, and contributions of $31,292. In 1994, Bush reported income of $474,937 and in 1995, income of $419,481. Published reports at that time did not list Bush's charitable contributions for those two years.

Bush first released his tax returns in April, 1994, when he challenged Texas Governor Ann Richards. Bush released returns going back to 1991, he said, because those were the years that Richards had been in office. His action spurred a number of negative stories, as reporters and Richards criticized business arrangements detailed in the returns.

When he became governor himself, Bush's returns revealed sometimes-major changes in his financial health. For example, after his 1997 return showed income of $271,920, his 1998 return revealed income of $18.4 million. The vast majority of that came from the sale of the Texas Rangers baseball team, in which Bush held an 11-percent ownership stake. Bush's tax bill that year was $3.7 million. "I never dreamed I'd write a check that big," he told reporters at the time. "Of course, I never dreamed I'd make that much money, either." That year, Bush donated $334,425 to charity.

Dubya has no sense of humor, so it matches nicely with his lack of senses of: ethics, charity, secular government, and last but not least, the common type of sense. This further proves my point that the US has gotten very few good things out of Texas; Lovie Smith (Bears!) and the Alamo are some notable exceptions, but I'm sure there are others.

President Bush not only has a good sense of humor, but also, judging from his generous donations to church and charity, is very pious! What more do you want?

I'd vote for Barack if I were old enough. I say, enough with his relatively small amount of experience, he has people around him who he can trust the advice of, and its high time for some solid reinforcement of environmental protection laws. The illustrious Mr. Obama also has done so little in terms of possible scandals, the Anne Coulter Fan Club etc. has been reduced to MAKING FUN OF HIS NAME! That's all they've got to use against him!

Lardmeister--
If our P.O.T.U.S. actually was charitable, he'd watch out for the little man. That covers giving tax breaks to the poor rather than the rich, just like he claimed falsely to having done. What you need is less lard:P and more news/facts (i.e., news with facts, not the eminently fair and balanced Fox News).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.