I think the "forgotten middle" is a much better phrase than the "silent majority". That old religious based "silent majority" has pretty well taken over the country.

You're not confusing silent majority with the Moral Majority, right?

Moral Majority?
*shudder* televangelists:S
In my humble opinion, televangelists are like clowns: they get more attention than they deserve, and they are pure EBIL!
Or maybe I'm just saying that because <german>ich bin ein Jude</german>

Moral Majority?
*shudder* televangelists:S
In my humble opinion, televangelists are like clowns: they get more attention than they deserve, and they are pure EBIL!
Or maybe I'm just saying that because <german>ich bin ein Jude</german>

What does you beinga jew have to do with anything.

I take offense at people of any religion who go around trying to convert people. Putting it on national television just gives them extra attention.

You're not confusing silent majority with the Moral Majority, right?

Yes I am! Sorry, even though I think the silent majority had more proper morals than the moral majority.

Back to the topic:

"More Muslims have died at the hands of killers than -- I say more Muslims -- a lot of Muslims have died -- I don't know the exact count -- at Istanbul. Look at these different places around the world where there's been tremendous death and destruction because killers kill." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2004

Humour, no way! All we have in France is some "dummkopf" that threatens Iran with bombing.

Very funny website, you mean the French lost against the Italians? Where was Napoleon when you needed him?

After all, without the French we might still be a prosperous British colony. Bush has royal blood, but the Queen is a lot sharper!

You don't need to be a hero to bomb some poor country. You may not win, but damn it you showed them!

France is threatening someone? No kidding?
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/victories.html
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

lmao..

not as funny as you think, in fact the french are pretty cool in that they dont really care what the rest of the world thinks (like when thier commandos blew up the greenpeace flagship because it was protesting against french nuclear testing in the pacific)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of_the_Rainbow_Warrior

Does that all mean French leaders do not have a sense of humor?

Not about war, because apparently they can't win one :D

Someone was telling that the French would have won WW1 without the Americans. The reason, many German soldiers had hand injuries from their spiky helmets and energetically saluting each other all the time.

Back to topic:

"...when you don't have an extensive resource of positivism..." -- about five minutes ago.

It just sounded funny the way he just said that, it was a dig at a group of people.

When you fight the Italians, you have to watch from falling over their rifles as they run away!

See, some kind of humour!

With the record amount* of vacation time GWB takes, I think he should have come up with SOME sort of funny gag in his spare time...

*over 400 days!**
**number of hours: OVER NINE THOUSAND!

When you fight the Italians, you have to watch from falling over their rifles as they run away!

See, some kind of humour!

I can see the humor, but you are not a leader of your country, yet!

The leader of France has to come up with something like this:
"Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better."
"Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."
"I understand small business growth. I was one."
"You know, when you hunt quail, you get a lot of exercise. As you know, I like exercise. And so my Dad and I, and Ms. Negley, whose ranch we were on, walked a lot of territory, watched the dogs work, and knocked down some birds."

Quail tastes good with Burgundy!

Maybe one day the French will elect one homourful clown like Bush. Could be the trick to winning wars?

I've been talking to Vicente Fox, the new president of Mexico... I know him... to have gas and oil sent to U.S.... so we'll not depend on foreign oil.

With the record amount* of vacation time GWB takes, I think he should have come up with SOME sort of funny gag in his spare time...

*over 400 days!**
**number of hours: OVER NINE THOUSAND!

Look at it this way, the country is better off with him on vacation! "Read my lips, no new war!"

Look at it this way, the country is better off with him on vacation! "Read my lips, no new war!"

It's not a new war. Although some of the fronts are somewhat new, this war has been raging on for a couple of decades+ now. It simply wasn't something that got brought to the attention of the average person until the 9/11 Strike took place.

It's not a new war. Although some of the fronts are somewhat new, this war has been raging on for a couple of decades+ now. It simply wasn't something that got brought to the attention of the average person until the 9/11 Strike took place.

With "Read my lips, no new war!" I was thinking about the upcoming war against Iran.

I stick by my statement, Lardmeister.

I stick by my statement, Lardmeister.

In the spirit of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, you are forgiven! Some folks just stick to the sticky statements they make.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.