I'm trying to design a network and was wondering what topology to use for a backbone and also how to connect all 11 branches back to HQ. Any suggestions will be appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Segmented Bus?

well there is Bus topology and there is star topology. The Bus topology is quite good as compaired to star.

As mentioned in your post, that you would like to connect all 11 branches with HQ, so i pressume that they are not in the same building or in same area, they are quite far from each other possibly some branches in some other countries as well..

In your office, you can do wireless networking. To access branch office computers, you can do VNC connection, but it will have lot of security issues. in VNC you can access another computer by typing in their Ip address and password.

Also, try and provide me some more information on this and i might be able to help you.I am not a technical guy , but i know a bit about networking.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.