I have a news website and need to submit my websites feed to the google news. Which one will be the better option? To submit it through the google webmasters tool through a XML sitemap or directly providing the homepage link to google news?..

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Why not do both? They're two completely different things ... Submitting to Google News gets your site reviewed for possible inclusion in news.google.com. Submitting an XML sitemap simply aids Googlebot to do a smarter crawl of your pages.

You should also have an RSS feed if you don't already and submit it to RSS directories.

You should also have an RSS feed if you don't already and submit it to RSS directories.

THANKS RON. Can you please explain how does the submission to RSS directories help? I mean do lot of people visit to these feed directories to subscribe our news feed or is there any other advantage.... Thanks

Thanks CSCGAL...I have created both the sitemaps..

THANKS RON. Can you please explain how does the submission to RSS directories help? I mean do lot of people visit to these feed directories to subscribe our news feed or is there any other advantage.... Thanks

Well, it gives you something new to submit to places you would not other wise submit, like rss directories. This also means more sites with links to your feed updates. Most of these sites also list each update of your feed, which means more deeper link backs to your pages.

If your doing your keyword research and applying good SEO to your sites, it will pass on to the feed and pass on to directories that display your feed. This of course means targeted link backs, with good anchor text to more of your internal pages, which of course could translate into more of your pages ranking well. Of course it all depends on if you do your SEO and keyword research on target.

Did I explain it well, does that help?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.