I know the following methods:
- Directory listings
- SEO
- Adwords/Other PPC programs

But am running out of innovative ideas to promote << url snipped >>. The website is a technical Q&A website for coders, geeks etc. influenced a bit by Experts Exchange (but the implementation and business model being totally different).

As a fellow promoter yourself, what would you do if you were tasked with promoting such a website? :confused:

I'm out of ideas! :cool: Thanks!

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by danielksy

Hi Etech,
Our budget is in Indian currency. I'm not sure posting the figure will make much sense, considering the currency value and goods and services value is a bit different here.

You can target technical forums and freelancer sites to promote it, BTW Indian currency does not restrict you if you're in online business, you can get a paypal account. ;)

Getting in good with the bloggers is definitely a big help. Many tech bloggers have a devoted following and many blogs are well indexed in the search engines. Getting a link every so often in a blog entry will get you traffic, a good backlink within an article (high quality link), and will definitely help spread word of mouth.

You can always distribute articles of interest to your target audience. In this way they might find one of your articles on another site and follow a link back to your website.

You could also host a few tutorials that would be of interest to your target audience. Word can get around pretty quick with this kind of thing. Not unlike Dani's mod_rewrite for vBulletin. ;)

can anyone tell me how to find the following infor through web?

- Directory listings
- SEO
- Adwords/Other PPC programs

has anyone tried above these and prove to be effective to promote your web site? thanks

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.