Hii people !!!
In one of the web pages I am designing, I have 3 tables whose width and height I am defining using div. I am able to properly set the width . But when it comes to height, I need to set both the maximum height and the minimum height. I tried using both the max-height and min-height , but only one of these two attributes is applied....

Please advice,

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

IE will treat height similarly to min-height -
content will push the height of a box higher if it does not fit in the specified height.
Basically min and max height properties isn't supported by IE.

height, width and min-height is supported by IE6 other things are not supported by it

In that case, how do i go about implementing the max as well as min height in IE?

see the orkut code using firebug.

I found this googling around:

max-height

* html div#division { 
   height: expression( this.scrollHeight > 332 ? "333px" : "auto" ); /* sets max-height for IE */
   max-height: 333px; /* sets max-height value for all standards-compliant browsers */
}

min-height

* html div#division { 
   height: expression( this.scrollHeight < 334 ? "333px" : "auto" ); /* sets min-height for IE */
   min-height: 333px; /* sets min-height value for all standards-compliant browsers */
}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.