Hi! I'm new in this business, so, plz, excuse my stupid question, but i have some little problem - i need to write smth like this: start > content add; but, unfortunately, don't know how to make this 'add' to go far away from the 'content'. I saw a tag: word-spacing: 40px, for example, but it didn't work. PLS, Help!!!

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

what r u asking didn't write clearly your question

If you only want it to go a few spaces over, put this into your code

It may not be the most techonological or efficient, but it will work.

you will add to your css attributes, this is an example:

#menuList {
	position:relative; 
	font-size: 1.3em; /* ALL font size */
	margin: 0px; /* gap between page top AND main menu to sub menu */
	padding: 0px; /* sets the space above and below main menu text (border) */;
/*	z-index:100; */
}

another example:

/*  Text
 ------------ */
h1 {
	color: black;
	font-family: "Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;
	font-weight: bold;
	font-size: 1.8em;
          margin: 5px; 
	text-decoration: none;
}

Have you got clear reply?

what do you mean taramichael?
The examples I gae above is very clear.

in order t set font size, width, and space you will need to use css, if you just want to space them a vew spaces then use

if you want them seperated and centered use a table.

am..., i just needed to have two words that are together and the third word to be in few spaces away, and i didn't want to make it with &nbsp, but..., maybe i'll have to... :)
Thanks for the replies!!!!!!

you will have to if you only want the one word seperated from the rest...

Not true. Just wrap that word in a span, give it a class, and give that class a margin in your css.

in fact, as casper_wang has said - it should be done with a table, with one left and another right align and with no borders :)
Thanks, guys!!!! :)

thanks, guys!!! :)

Not true. Just wrap that word in a span, give it a class, and give that class a margin in your css.

He didnt want to go through the css for a simple few spaces, and the html code for space would be the simplest.

Hope you got it working e_vel.

If you are happy with it please mark this as solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.