well i saw big players like google ,yahoo....using div a lot for their webpage.....

pls tell how to do it with ease....searched lot but they are all confusing............!

i also want to know how it is possible to replace frameset with.......

i have a webpage where link in the left frame has to be displayed in the right

pls help

Contributors
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ingeva

well i saw big players like google ,yahoo....using div a lot for their webpage.....

pls tell how to do it with ease....searched lot but they are all confusing............!

I put everything into a "div", between my <body>/</body> statements.
The reason is the XHTML1 Strict requires that nearly all html tags be within some kind of block (validator.w3.org lists several).

i also want to know how it is possible to replace frameset with.......

It's a good idea to get rid of frames altogether because they are being deprecated.
Use divs instead, and switch the contents to display one or the other -- or learn to program for WEB 2.0 (Ajax). That's what I'm doing at the time, because a W2 solution will be much simpler and easier to debug.

This is NOT an advertisement: Take a look at my site http://noniplus.no , where the menu selection at the right replaces the main text faster than you can blink. This site does NOT use frames, but it used to.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.