I am constantly redesigning my web page and now I would like to have a mouse over effect that when the mouse moves over one of my smaller gallery thumbnails in my gallery page I would like the background to change to a larger image of the same picture taking up the entire page background

Sounds like you are using Flash. If you are using Actionscript 2.0 you'll need some to give your thumbnails instance names and include those names in some code such as these:

instanceName.onRollOver = function {
gotoAndPlay ("framelabel");
}

Your frame lables would be attached to the different full size images you that show up in the background.

If you're using Actionscript 3.0 then you'd change the code to include event listeners:

instanceName.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OVER, functionname)

function functionname (event:Mouse_Event):void {
gotoAndPlay("framelabel");
}

You could use gotoAndPlay or gotoAndStop depending on whether the picture comes right in or you use motion tween to animate. ...and don't forget to add your stop actions if you use gotoAndPlay.

This could have been a more detailed walk through, but this should get you going on the right track. Hope this helps. If not, there is channel on YouTube called Tutvid who has great videos on several Adobe products.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.