Does using a free web hosting service effect the amount of traffic you get to your site?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Depends on what type of free hosting.
If it's a host that will show ads, yes.
If it's a host that won't let you use your own domains, yes.
If it's slow, or goes down frequently, no.
Otherwise, you should be fine if you don't normally get a lot of traffic. It's not like someone sees the site and knows it's free hosting... that will lower the amount of viewers.
I think bytehost looks like a good option, but I can't say b/c I've only used 50webs a long time ago and now I'm on a paid host (and have been for a while).

i am currently using free hosting for my few sites... i notice that my site loads slowly and traffic doesn't improve, that is why i am thinking to get a paid hosting... can you suggest me the some webhosting company?

i am currently using free hosting for my few sites... i notice that my site loads slowly and traffic doesn't improve, that is why i am thinking to get a paid hosting... can you suggest me the some webhosting company?

You can check review of top ten web hosting companies at website like http://aplis.net/ ,etc.

Hi,
I am also using free hosting for my web site and I recognize that traffic doesn’t improve. So free web hosting is not good for us but i have no idea about web hosting companies...........

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.