Hi forum.
I really need help on this issue.

I have 5 pictures, which I would like to be the layout on my front web page. Picture 1 is one big picture which will fill up the whole screen. The other pictures I would like to add on that background (pic 1). I hope this make sence.

How can I acheive this?

I attached a jpeg pic to get the visual idea.

Please advice someone...

regards Hamid
Denmark

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

There are a number of ways to do this, some more successful than others.

1. You could edit the pictures together into one image with an image editor, and then adjust the size of the picture to fit the width of the browser viewport with the width: 100%; style.

2. Use the big image (maybe with the top image edited in) as the background. Use css relative (%) styles to position the other images and adjust their sizes.

3. Use CSS to position all of the images.

There are a number of ways to do this, some more successful than others.

1. You could edit the pictures together into one image with an image editor, and then adjust the size of the picture to fit the width of the browser viewport with the width: 100%; style.

2. Use the big image (maybe with the top image edited in) as the background. Use css relative (%) styles to position the other images and adjust their sizes.

3. Use CSS to position all of the images.

Thanks for reply. Ok. So what I mean with these pic is really, that they will be rounded shaped boxes, which I hope I can place with css, and then in dreamweaver create some tables in them or something like that, so that I can fill the boxes out with what-ever applications. Can this be achieved?

So maybe your option 3 is the way, because with 1 and 2 I wont be able to create e.g menu, buttons and so on.

Or is easy to cut/slice a hole header from photoshop and implement it in dreamweaver to live actions??

regards Hamid
Denmark

Ok... Let me try help you out, with css do the following:

Image 6 will be your body background.
Image 5 will be your header background.
Image 2 your main content background.
Image 1, 3, 4 will have the same class with an additional class to change the background accordingly. eg. (class="wrapper img1") (class="wrapper img3") ect.

Oh, if you using css to style and position these divs, there is no need to nest tables inside. Just use enough padding and you should get away with it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.