I am dealing with a web form that is an answer sheet for up to 120 questions. Since this may require a lot of time for the student:

1. Is there any way that the answer sheet can be split up and the user be recognized when he/she comes logs back in to do part B, C, etc?
  2. How do I set up a password that users need to login to test?
  3. How do I protect the sheet from being copied, at least by the ordinary person?

I'm using a simple HTML code and CGI - see below

<FORM ACTION="/bin/script_library/form_handler_mail" METHOD=POST ACTION="mailto:info@info.com">
<input type="submit" value="Submit" name="submit">                                                 
<input type="reset" value="Reset" name="submit">

My computer programming knowledge is limited, just like my budget, so any help in "K.I.S.S." format would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
KISS huh?
Question depends on the type of questions theyare answering although any solution requires saving the answers they've entered in some way. If its multi choice or short answer you could save each answer to a database under the user ID and then retrieve them when they log back. Or, if you're keen you could save the answers as XML files but the database solution is easier.

Setting up passwords isn't someting that can be explained in enough detail here. I suggest finding an article online and reading it.

By blocking copying I assume you mean disable printing and print screen and the like. To be honest I've never had to try it and I'm not sure a foolproof method exists. Maybe someone else has advice on that part of it.

Hope that helps,

Thanks for the reply.

They are multiple choice questions: a, b, c, or d
Where is the database saved? Online? On a company owned server (which we don't have)?

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.