Hi,

I've been renewing information in my site directly into code for quite some time now. Since my page isn't that big it's not very difficult.

I have about 15 .html pages in my web directory. They all are more or less identical, and they all have small news section. At the moment I'm just copying those news from one page to another. What I wanted to know is there a way I can Change news section in all of those pages at once?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

could you build your sites template into a simple cms such as wordpress? then you could let the cms handle it al and leave you with more time to write news/ do something else

Really, you need to use some sort of content management system.

For that you are best using server-side-scripting technology (perhaps using a database as well, although for a small site, flat-file would do fine)

could you build your sites template into a simple cms such as wordpress? then you could let the cms handle it al and leave you with more time to write news/ do something else

Thanks, I suppose I can use other cms as well like drupal etc ?!

Really, you need to use some sort of content management system.

For that you are best using server-side-scripting technology (perhaps using a database as well, although for a small site, flat-file would do fine)

If I have a server to play around with, is there something I must install to use server-side-scripting. I'm not that familiar with servers yet.

If I have a server to play around with, is there something I must install to use server-side-scripting. I'm not that familiar with servers yet.

Speak to your web host and they can add PHP (one such server-side scripting technology) support and/or a database engine to your package for an increased monthly rate.

I actually have those, not sure what to do though, Is there something I can install, like php my admin ? - I searched google a bit :)

I recently did a site which had a news section and to be honest all i did was create a text file and use

<?php include('news-file.txt');?>

into the pages i wanted to display the news.

For styling purposes you could create a HTML page and change the news-file.txt to news-file.html.

Probably not the best way of doing things but you only update one file upload it and bobs your uncle!!

Hope it helps!

Thanks!

I suppose I could do the same with iframe ?

You can just do a php include arrangement. That is what i have done.

Its pretty easy to do. Google will help you with that sort of stuff.

Thanks guys, found some php include tutorials on the net :)

Suprised no one used this as their answer.. If you are using Dreamweaver, just open up all the html pages and do a search and replace. BAM all pages done, save and ftp back to the server.

Try it, universal admin panel
Nest - clear and simple admin panel for all kind of page. Nest don't need hard and nasty integration and work with code.
https://nestpanel.github.io

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.