FF works perfectly (additional browsers also) but IE (the bain of microsoft) refuses to be the same. Any ideas or other techniques or position I can look at?

background-image: url(text.jpg); position: abosolute; left: 100px; top: 100px;

Same code different 100x100 :( Any Ideas?

Thanks, Regards X

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Where did you use this background image? DIV or any block elements. Post your HTML codes..

Zero13,
Agreed! That is not enough information. Too many things affect page layout not just two lines of css.

The biggest issue people have with IE is the way it handles margins and padding. I would start there.

I used a div, ul and li tags.
Ill get back with more information but there should be work arounds with position: absolute; The code should not matter that much?

It really all depends though, if you absolutely position an element in a parent that is already positioned relatively, it will be positioned absolutely to its parent and not the window. We do need the source to help you.

--
Yet again, i've noticed the same issue with ie6 quite often. So try this instead.

background: url(text.jpg); position: absolute; left:0; top: 0; margin: 100px 0 0 100px;

I fixed it just finished using if css statements.
"It really all depends though, if you absolutely position an element in a parent that is already positioned relatively, it will be positioned absolutely to its parent and not the window."
If that is true then why is window different in FF vs. IE when both parent windows have specific width and height?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.