hello, its the pain again!!!

Im trying to make a box with rounded corners to put text in some and photos in another but am struggling

I have a black background and would like a thin white rectangle that is landcape in orientation and has curved corners.

As if im not being a big enough pain, id like to be able to adjust the size of them

ive tried doing something in corel, paint and also downloading corners but it is not creating what im looking for

can anyone point me in the right direction please as ive googled this dozens of times and after a week am ready to give up :'(

thanks a lot!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi im no webmaster but i had the same problem a few weeks ago,

What i found was this.... it works in FF but not IE.... im yet to find out how this can be achived in IE.

whilst in dreamweaver (cs3) create your box as you would do,
Open the CSS from the top right panel,
select borders, and select the type of your border you'd like to use, thicknes, solid, thin and give it the color youd like too. clicking ok to close the css properties box.
Then look through properties of the css - scroll down a bit and locate the following - ignore the (4px) as i have used this as a guide only...
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft (4px)
-moz-border-radius-bottomright (4px)
-moz-border-radius-topleft (4px)
-moz-border-radius-topright (4px)
This may not be what ye looking for, but in FF it will give you your desired effect, Open IE, and they will be square....

If you find out how these corners can work in IE I would be very much appreciated if you could repost here...

Good luck....

I always use curvycorners.js to get the rounded corners effect - it works in FF and Safari/Opera. Just google "curvycorners" and it should come right up. There are also a lot of great tutorials on the web for achieving this effect.

Member Avatar for ingeva

I always use curvycorners.js to get the rounded corners effect - it works in FF and Safari/Opera. Just google "curvycorners" and it should come right up. There are also a lot of great tutorials on the web for achieving this effect.

The fact that some actually WANT rounded corners really baffles me. I would go to great length to have them removed. They are so UNNATURAL! :)
That may also be the reason why I HATED Windows XP when it came around, until I discovered that it was possible to use the "classic" design.

Some like Flash and Blinkenlichts too .... People are strange! :)

But don't mind me. I'm just an old outdated programmer. :)

I still stand firm on my right to hate Windblows, though. Any variety. :)

Pardon the digression.

I don't like curved corners either.

The trick is to not use big corners (like Windows XP). I keep them very small, especially if the DIV is small.

This can be done in any way but i know 2 methods to make the job perfect. I've done this job some weeks ago nicely. Please choose any suitable method from the following.

1st Method:
http://kalsey.com/2003/07/rounded_corners_in_css/
or
http://www.cssjuice.com/25-rounded-corners-techniques-with-css/

This method is very nice and suiltable. you can use rounded corners images only in headings.

2nd Method: using jQuery plugin.

This is the exact what you are looking for. I think this will be helpful.
Regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.