I am creating a site for our local carnival club. I have created some buttons (images) for navigating between pages but when I place two of these buttons near each other, clicking on one can activate the other.

I've more of less solved the problem by placing the buttons a bit further apart but I wondered why it happens, and what is the proper solution.

Also if you look on this page

http://www.highbridgeandburnhamcarnival.org.uk/h&bcarnivalpix.html

and scroll to the bottom, place your cursor over the button, you will see an area of the screen come up in blue. It is obviously related to the image link for the button but why? :icon_confused:

I suspect that this is to do with the other problem of these image links when they are in close proximity. I know with image maps that you define the active area of an image as a link, but should we do that with single image links too?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I'll tell you why, its cause you positioning your images absolutely and your image height 110px. I would recommend trimming the image and just leaving the button itself (remove the background) doing so will solve your issue.

Or rather. Wrap the images in divs and add the link to the div

I suspect that this is to do with the other problem of these image links when they are in close proximity. I know with image maps that you define the active area of an image as a link, but should we do that with single image links too?

Thanks macneato - I assumed that the software that made the buttons just saved them the correct size. I have removed the backgrounds and they now work fine. :)

you have to use navigation for that,

you create CSS for the same and use it

I am creating a site for our local carnival club. I have created some buttons (images) for navigating between pages but when I place two of these buttons near each other, clicking on one can activate the other.

I've more of less solved the problem by placing the buttons a bit further apart but I wondered why it happens, and what is the proper solution.

Also if you look on this page

http://www.highbridgeandburnhamcarnival.org.uk/h&bcarnivalpix.html

and scroll to the bottom, place your cursor over the button, you will see an area of the screen come up in blue. It is obviously related to the image link for the button but why? :icon_confused:

you have to use navigation for that,

you create CSS for the same and use it

What is navigation rajendra?

I'd ask the same question.

Then you create CSS for the same and use it.

Guessing he's jumping on the "solved threads wagon"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.