I'd like to say hello to everyone first. I was reading a few threads and this forum seems great, and I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I'll just right into it.
I'm really starting to hate IE :(
I'm a web design student, and have been trying to build up my porfolio web site to add the work I've done thus far. I decided to add 2 components that I haven't used before - JQuery and Google Adsense.
Both are causing me problems, when I test them in IE. And I have been fiddling with them for days now.
JQuery - I believe the problem is somewhere in the CSS file, but even adding a number of things or commenting out code hasn't helped.
At the bottom of the web site I have a smooth tabbed navigation, but the menu buttons seem to be hovering way above the content border, which is strange because border is set to -1px. Can anyone notice what's the flaw in the code?
Google Adsense - I've added a Google search box on the top right of the website. As a result, my header seems to be clipped. I tried playing around with it separating the header in two parts but that just screws up the alignment of the search box. I noticed Google has a section about this, I tried to follow some of their steps but didn't get it to work as I'd liked.. one of the last options is to just change the positioning of it unless someone knows of a solution to it.
These problems only occur in Internet Explorer. The web site layout works perfectly in FF and Opera (well how I'd like it to look thus far), please refer to the other browser to see the difference.
I'm pretty tired from going at it for some hours, so i'd like to apologise if anything I write doesn't make sense.
Thank you in advance!