Does anyone know an easier way to space down that will work for both IE and Firefox and display the same. I am using:

<br></br>

It spaces so much more in IE rather than Firefox. Have any ideas? Thank you : )

- Drew

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by rajarajan07

I am use <p>&nbsp;</p> for the space and text is write in the <p></p>. Try it if useful to you.

SNIP

Edited by happygeek: spam snipped

I use <p></p> in place of <br> tag, & I think &nbsp; is just used for horizontal spacing. <br><p> or &nbsp; all have the different functions. please don't mix <p> with &nbsp;

YUK! <br></br> isn't even valid.
Use CSS to control spacing - margins and padding should do. Don't include pointless presentational markup. There's simply no need. What you propose is a quick and dirty fix, but it may come back to haunt you.

Does anyone know an easier way to space down that will work for both IE and Firefox and display the same. I am using:

<br></br>

It spaces so much more in IE rather than Firefox. Have any ideas? Thank you : )

- Drew

I'm just learning this so I've been trying to fix that too. <br></br> works in Firefox, and </br> works in IE by itself but the one to use is <br /> notice the space between br and the /. This works just fine in bot IE and Firefox.

There is no need of two tags opening and closing for <br></br> always use <br/>. Its a simple and practice method.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.