Hi guys,
Brand new here - and I'm praying to god someone can help me out. My blood pressure is probably triple what it should be.

First off let me apologize to the admins as I know this dead horse has been beat to death a thousand times on these forums - I have faithfully follow probably half the solutions to no avail.

Second - on to the problem!

I am currently working on a template for a fairly propular CMS; so far I love the template - until about 3 in the afternoon yesterday. The entire site is laid out in divs; but due to how the CMS implements it's various components it adds in tables.

So the problem area is actually a div with a table inside it and a table inside that table and of course the last table not spanning vertically 100% in IE (works perfect in firefox). One of these tables could potentially be removed - however the issue is then the three little boxes that are supposed to show content would not show up. I have tried building those out of divs unfortunately the divs would go all wonky and instead of having three perfectly square boxes with content I ended up having one rectangle; 2 squares (and of course regardless of the browser divs didn't want to span to 100% height inside the one mandatory table).

So to maybe recap and make life alittle easier; table A is inside table B which is inside a div. Table A will not span to 100% height in IE only firefox. Table A could be converted to divs except when I tried my damnest to do it it was an epic phail. Table B on the other hand MUST BE a table as that is automatically called by the CMS.

PLEASE, please, please with a cherry on top have a perfect solution for this problem.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Looking at your code makes it all clear. It's the third <tr> from the left, which I've marked in red, that's the problem.

Member Avatar for diafol

Looking at your code makes it all clear. It's the third <tr> from the left, which I've marked in red, that's the problem.

Very good.;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.