Hello to all webdesigner experts,

I'm just a newbei in webdesigning world, as I only know how to Change/edit the existing codes for my own desired content, but in myself I can design basic layout only using basic HTML and CSS,

I subscribed to a shared webhosting and they provide an unlimeted email address for the domain I have purchased, Now my question is, I can make or add a users for the email account in my domain like myname@mypurchaseddomain.com using the CPanel,

Now, I needed the help of you guys, any idea how to make people subscribe to my Free email service?,like what we do in signing up an email account at Gmail, the person will sign/fill-up the forms and their desired username and password, after signing up, they can go to their inbox directly and use the email service under your domain.

Any helps are greatly apprciated.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

What kind of hosting are you using?

Do you own the whole server and mail server? Do you have root access to the server?

What kind of hosting are you using?

Do you own the whole server and mail server? Do you have root access to the server?

No, I did not own the whole server, I just have access to the root server. It was a shared Webhosting Plan which I can Access/update through C-Panel.

Following are the features of the server:

GB of Disk Space= Unlimited
Hosted Domains Allowed= Unlimited
Instant Activation Included FREE
International Domain Names
POP3/POP3 Secure Email Accounts Unlimited
IMAP/Secure IMAP Email Accounts Unlimited
GB's of Site Transfer (Bandwidth) Unlimited
Forwarding Email Accounts Unlimited
Email Autoresponder Unlimited
Add-on Domains Unlimited
Parked Domains Unlimited
Subdomains Unlimited
Additional FTP Accounts Unlimited
MySQL Databases Unlimited
#1 Rated Control Panel - cPanel
IMAP/secure IMAP Email Support
2 Different Web Based Email Solutions
CGI-BIN
CGI Library
Server Side Includes
Frontpage 2000/2002 Extensions
FTP Access
Override .htaccess Support
Anonymous FTP
Webmail (Browser Based Email)
Log Files + Site Stats
Customizable Error Pages
Web File Manager
Custom Cronjobs
Spam Assassin Protection
--------------------
Live Support in cPanel
Bulletin Board (Message Forum)
Form-mail Script
PHP Nuke
1 click WordPress Install
1 click b2evolution Install
1 click Joomla Install
Web Blogs/Wordpress/b2evolution
Mailing Lists
Image Galleries/Coppermine
Poll and Survey Software
Moodle
Mambo and Joomla
phpForm Generator
PHP 5
Perl 5
Python
Ruby/Ruby On Rails
Support For Custom PHP.INI Files
Javascript/DHTML
Flash/Shockwave

Thanks for any help.

WHY would anyone want to sign up with an unknown email provider, when they can use major free providers such as gmail or hotmail, with more facilities?

WHY would anyone want to sign up with an unknown email provider, when they can use major free providers such as gmail or hotmail, with more facilities?

This does not answer my questions, but I'l answer yours,
I figure out that in our Church, many members would like to have an email like, theirname@ourchurch.net, around 200+ of them and growing, coz their friends can have it too, It would be difficult if I'l give them one by one email address and password, it might be nice if they'll just sign-up.

Anyone have an idea for this? Thanks in advance.

You can only do this if you have a reseller account, and your webhost provides you with a script to do it.

So, can we do the script ourselves? since they support all kinds of scripts. And they have the feature of unlimited email accounts for the hosting.

Ask your webhost. They need to allow it, and provide an interface to create them.

Ok, Il do it. So this features will depend on them now, I thought before, we are the one who can make/design and develop the sign-up page, so it's not in our hands.

You can make/design the signup page, but to actually create the email addresses you need an interface.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.