Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Buffalo101
.footer { bottom:0; top:auto; width:100% position:fixed; z-index:10; text-align:center; }

usually works
the element given class='footer' sticks in position at the bottom of the page at z-index 10 (above the default 0) other content slides under it as the page moves up or down

<div class='footer'> [copyright] [contactus] [hi mum] [spaghetti recipes][cat pictures] [nomz] </div>

Edited by almostbob: n/a

Thank you for the reply, almostbob, but it works only partially. The actual text gets pushed behind the footer.

I could also use a footer that sits below the text, at the bottom of the page.

the text is supposed to be pushed behind the footer, the footer remains stationary and the page pushes behind it, If the text does not scroll up far enough ad a whitespace to the bottom of the text <p>%nbsp;</p>

Okay, so I've tried using this but without any luck.

<!—[if lt Firefox]>
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="firefox.css" />
<![endif]—>

How can I use a specific .css depending on the browser and how can I remove some space between the footer-top and the writing?

Okay, so I've tried using this but without any luck.

<?php

<script type="text/javascript">
if ($navigator.appName == "Opera")
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="firefox.css" />
 else
   <link rel="stylesheet" type = "text/css" href= "stiluri.css"/>

?>

</script>

How can I use a specific .css depending on the browser and how can I remove some space between the footer-top and the writing?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.