Hi,
I have read that strict xhtml is better than transitional xhtml for viewing the web for the visually impaired but can anyone tell me what the difference is? How is strict xhtml better than transitional xhtml.

Thanks inadvance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Here, let me get this one for you

CLICK HERE

Hi,
I have read that strict xhtml is better than transitional xhtml for viewing the web for the visually impaired but can anyone tell me what the difference is? How is strict xhtml better than transitional xhtml.

Thanks inadvance.

It may be because of it's stricter rules, which could result in writing more accessible code, but the code accessibility is ultimately determined by the developer who writes it, so you can write accessible code in xhtml transitional too.

Also, for you particular concern, you might find this very useful in picking the right colors for the site, to assure everyone can see it:

http://gmazzocato.altervista.org/colorwheel/wheel.php

Hi,

Thanks inadvance.

It isn't.

YOU are the one that makes a page better or worse, depending on YOUR use of colours, font-sizes, contrast, animations, images. The doctype has no effect on these things.

PS And XHTML has no advantages over HTML in the real world.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.