This code worked for me when it had 74 quotes. I added 130 more and somewhere along the line killed the whole code. I keep looking through for small mistakes, but have found none. Why is this code not working? Is there a max limit for an array?

<center><hr size="3" />
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
var r_text = new Array (204);
r_text[0] =  "    If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been.";
r_text[1] = "     Never, never, never give up!";
r_text[2] = "     Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.";
r_text[3] = "  You are never a loser until you quit trying. ";
r_text[4] = "  If you aren't going all the way, why go at all? ";
r_text[5] = "  You owe it to yourself to be the best you can possibly be - in sports and in life. ";
r_text[6] = "  The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. ";

r_text[7] = "  You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. ";

r_text[8] = "   The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in one's determination.";

r_text[9] = "  Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.";

r_text[10] = "  It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up.";

r_text[11] = "  It is not the size of a man but the size of his heart that matters.";

r_text[12] = "  Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.";

r_text[13] = "  It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.";

r_text[14] = "  Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.";

r_text[15] = "  Sweat plus sacrifice equals success.";

r_text[16] = "  The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.";

r_text[17] = "  Set your goals high, and don't stop till you get there.";

r_text[18] = "  Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.";

r_text[19] = "  To be prepared is half the victory.";

r_text[20] = "  The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.";

r_text[21] = "  Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear- not the absence of fear.";

r_text[22] = "  Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.";

r_text[23] = "  He who stops being better stops being good.";

r_text[24] = "  Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.";

r_text[25] = "  One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it.";

r_text[26] = "  Pain is temporary.";

r_text[27] = "  Sometimes it is more important to discover what one cannot do than what one can do.";

r_text[28] = "  Keep becoming more until there's nothing more to become.";

r_text[29] = "  Defeat is worse than death, for you must live with defeat.";

r_text[30] = "  Pain heals.";

r_text[31] = "  The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.";

r_text[32] = "  Fortune favors the brave.";

r_text[33] = "  Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.";

r_text[34] = "  Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.";

r_text[35] = "  Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.";

r_text[36] = "  Without faith, nothing is possible. With faith, nothing is impossible.";

r_text[37] = "  Being brave is merely being the only one who knows you're afraid.";

r_text[38] = "  Courage is the willingness to depart from the familiar.";

r_text[39] = "  Big shots are only little shots who kept shooting";

r_text[40] = "  What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?";

r_text[41] = "  The only pain that matters is the pain you inflict.";

r_text[42] = "  Don’t let a win get to your head or a loss to your heart.";

r_text[43] = "  To have a rainbow, you must endure a little rain.";

r_text[44] = "  Basketball doesn't build character, it reveals it.";

r_text[45] = "  Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.";

r_text[46] = "  If you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.";

r_text[47] = "  For us, there is only the trying. The rest is not our business.";

r_text[48] = "  Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.";

r_text[49] = "  Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.";

r_text[50] = "  Life doesn't require that we be the best, only that we try our best.";

r_text[51] = "  Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it.";

r_text[52] = "<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=H86W8MxD1Ps' target='_blank'>  Click here for the inspirational sports story of <b>Derek Redmond</b></font></a>.";

r_text[53] = "<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=mCGTlB_oErI' target='_blank'>  Click here for the inspirational sports story of <b>Natalie du Toit</b></font></a>.";

r_text[54] = "  Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.";

r_text[55] = "  Winners forget there's a race... They just love to run.";

r_text[56] = "  Reach for things that are beyond your grasp.";

r_text[57] = "  Things turn out the best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.";

r_text[58] = "  Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.";

r_text[59] = " The race is long... and in the end it`s only with yourself";

r_text[60] = " Destiny is what you make of it";

r_text[61] = " A champion is someone who gets up even when they can't";

r_text[62] = " You can't win unless you learn how to lose";
r_text[63] = " Dreams are wishes your heart makes";
r_text[64] = " Sports do not build character. They reveal it.";
r_text[65] = " All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them";
r_text[66] = " The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion when no one else is looking";
r_text[67] = " Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is its twin brother";
r_text[68] = " Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.";
r_text[69] = " Winners never quit and quitters never win.";
r_text[70] = " Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.";
r_text[71] = " Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.";
r_text[72] = " If you think you know it all, that'll be all you'll ever know.";
r_text[73] = " Victory goes to the player who makes the next to last mistake.";
r_text[74] = " Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional";
r_text[75] = " Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.-- Muhammad Ali";

r_text[76] = " Champions keep playing until they get it right.-- Billie Jean King";

r_text[77] = " Competing in sports has taught me that if I'm not willing to give 120 percent, somebody else will.-- Ron Blomberg";

r_text[78] = " Develop the winning edge; small differences in your performance can lead to large differences in your results.-- Brian Tracy";

r_text[79] = " Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.-- Emile Coue";

r_text[80] = " Face each day with the expectation of achieving good, rather than the dread of falling short.-- Shannon Miller";

r_text[81] = " How you respond to the challenge in the second half will determine what you become after the game, whether you are a winner or a loser.-- Lou Holtz";

r_text[82] = " I learned that if you want to make it bad enough, no matter how bad it is, you can make it.-- Gale Sayers";

r_text[83] = " I think self-awareness is probably the most important thing towards being a champion. -- Billie Jean King";

r_text[84] = " If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average.-- M.H. Alderson";

r_text[85] = " If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat.-- Herschel Walker ";

r_text[86] = " In order to excel, you must be completely dedicated to your chosen sport. You must also be prepared to work hard and be willing to accept destructive criticism. Without 100% dedication, you won't be able to do this.-- Wilson Mizner";

r_text[87] = " In sports, you simply aren't considered a real champion until you have defended your title successfully. Winning it once can be a fluke; winning it twice proves you are the best.-- Althea Gibson";

r_text[88] = " It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.-- Seneca";

r_text[89] = " It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired; you quit when the gorilla is tired.-- Robert Strauss";

r_text[90] = " It's never been easy. But I've always wanted to play hockey. I love hockey. I'd rather play hockey than do anything else. If you have that kind of desire, I think you can achieve what you want to achieve.-- Manon Rheaume";

r_text[91] = " I've always made a total effort, even when the odds seemed entirely against me. I never quit trying; I never felt that I didn't have a chance to win.-- Arnold Palmer";

r_text[92] = " I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.-- Michael Jordan";

r_text[93] = " Live daringly, boldly, fearlessly. Taste the relish to be found in competition - in having put forth the best within you.-- Henry J. Kaiser";

r_text[94] = " Mind is everything: muscle--pieces of rubber. All that I am, I am because of my mind.-- Paavo Nurmi";

r_text[95] = " No matter how tough, no matter what kind of outside pressure, no matter how many bad breaks along the way, I must keep my sights on the final goal, to win, win, win—and with more love and passion than the world has ever witnessed in any performance.--Billie Jean King";

r_text[96] = " No steam or gas drives anything until it is confined. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined.-- Harry Emerson Fosdick D.D";

r_text[97] = " Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.-- Sydney Smith";

r_text[98] = " One of the things that my parents have taught me is never listen to other people's expectations. You should live your own life and live up to your own expectations, and those are the only things I really care about it.-- Tiger Woods";

r_text[99] = " Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.-- Lance Armstrong";

r_text[100] = " Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.-- Arthur Ashe";

r_text[101] = " Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.-- Lou Brock";

r_text[102] = " The best and fastest way to learn a sport is to watch and imitate a champion.-- Jean-Claude Killy";

r_text[103] = " The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.-- Ferdinand Foch";

r_text[104] = " The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can't do.-- Dennis Waitley";

r_text[105] = " There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.-- Pat Riley";

r_text[106] = " To succeed...You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.-- Tony Dorsett";

r_text[107] = " We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.-- Aristotle ";

r_text[108] = " Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.-- Bernadette Devlin";

r_text[109] = " You can become a winner only if you are willing to walk over the edge.-- Damon Runyon ";

r_text[110] = " You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.-- Michael Phelps";

r_text[111] = " You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.-- Albert Einstein";

r_text[112] = " You miss 100% of the shots you never take.-- Wayne Gretzky";

r_text[113] = " Walter Payton - I want to be remembered as the guy who gave his all whenever he was on the field.";

r_text[114] = " Dick Vermeil - If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting.";

r_text[115] = " Vince Lombardi - The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.";

r_text[116] = " Wayne Gretzky -The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, that I never dog it.";

r_text[117] = " Tommy Lasorda - The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination. ";

r_text[118] = " John Wooden - Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. ";

r_text[119] = " Vince Lombardi - It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up.";

r_text[120] = " Bruce Jenner, Olympic Gold Medalist, Decathlon - I learned that the only way you are going to get anywhere in life is to work hard at it. Whether you're a musician, a writer, an athlete or a businessman, there is no getting around it. If you do, you'll win--if you don't, you won't.";

r_text[121] = " Coach Paul Bear Bryant  - Don't give up at half-time. Concentrate on winning the second half.";

r_text[122] = " Pat Riley  - There are only two options regarding commitment; you're either in or you're out. There's no such thing as life in-between.";

r_text[123] = " John Wooden - Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation.Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ";

r_text[124] = " Venus Williams - Some people say I have attitude - maybe I do...but I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does - that makes you a winner right there.";

r_text[125] = " John Wooden  - The most important key to achieving great success is to decide upon your goal and launch, get started, take action, move.";

r_text[126] = " Bill Shankly - Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.";

r_text[127] = " Muhammad Ali - The man who has no imagination has no wings.";

r_text[128] = " Vince Lombardi  - The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. -- ";

r_text[129] = " Evander Holyfield - It is not the size of a man but the size of his heart that matters.";

r_text[130] = " Mike Singletary - Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.";

r_text[131] = " Lou Holtz  - Coaching is nothing more than eliminating mistakes before you get fired.";

r_text[132] = " Katarina Witt - When I go our on the ice, I just think about my skating. I forget it is a competition.";

r_text[133] = " Seve Ballesteros - To give yourself the best possible chance of playing to your potential, you must prepare for every eventuality. That means practice.";

r_text[134] = " Gordie Howe - You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, rest when you know that it was a one hundred percent effort that you gave - win or lose.";

r_text[135] = " Arnold Palmer - I've always made a total effort, even when the odds seemed entirely against me. I never quit trying; I never felt that I didn't have a chance to win.";

r_text[136] = " Babe Didrikson Zaharias - Luck? Sure. But only after long practice and only with the ability to think under pressure.";

r_text[137] = " The only way to overcome is to hang in. Even I'm starting to believe that. -Dan OBrien";

r_text[138] = " When you're riding, only the race in which you're riding is important. -Bill Shoemaker ";

r_text[139] = " It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness. -Seneca ";

r_text[140] = " The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club wont be worth a dime. -Babe ruth ";

r_text[141] = " The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, thats the day you start to the top. -O.J. Simpson ";

r_text[142] = " The country is full of good coaches. What it takes to win is a bunch of interested players. 
-Don Coryell, ex-San Diego Chargers Coach"; 

r_text[143] = " When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor. -Pat Riley";

r_text[144] = " Adversity cause some men to break; others to break records. -William A. Ward"; 

r_text[145] = " You have no control over what the other guy does. You only have control over what you do. -A J Kitt ";

r_text[146] = " It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. -Archie Griffen, two-time Heisman winner ( 5ft 9) ";

r_text[147] = " There's no substitute for guts. -Paul Bear Bryant ";

r_text[148] = " I really lack the words to compliment myself today. -Alberto Tomba ";

r_text[149] = " How you respond to the challenge in the second half will determine what you become after the game, whether you are a winner or a loser. -Lou Holtz ";

r_text[150] = " My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging -Hank Aaron ";

r_text[151] = " Besides pride, loyalty, discipline, heart, and mind, confidence is the key to all the locks. -Joe Paterno ";

r_text[152] = " The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. -Joe Paterno ";

r_text[153] = " It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. -Muhammad Ali ";

r_text[154] = " Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true. -Honore de Balzac";

r_text[155] = " The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that 
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. -Vince Lombardi"; 

r_text[156] = " You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. -Michael Jordan ";

r_text[157] = " If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat. -Herschel Walker";

r_text[158] = " The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost. -George Shultz ";

r_text[159] = " Perhaps the single most important element in mastering the techniques and tactics of racing is experience. But once you have the fundamentals, acquiring the experience is a matter of time. -Greg LeMond ";

r_text[160] = " To succeed... You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you. -Tony Dorsett ";

r_text[161] = " Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates. -Magic Johnson";

r_text[162] = " Set your goals high, and dont stop till you get there. -Bo Jackson ";

r_text[163] = " I learned that if you want to make it bad enough, no matter how bad it is, you can make it. -Gale Sayers ";

r_text[164] = " The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination -Tommy Lasorda ";

r_text[165] = " Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Coach Darrel Royal"; 

r_text[166] = " You can become a winner only if you are willing to walk over the edge. -Damon Runyon ";

r_text[167] = " It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired you quit when the gorilla is tired. -Robert Strauss ";

r_text[168] = " If you can believe it, the mind can achieve it. -Ronnie Lott";

r_text[169] = " The principle is competing against yourself. It's about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before. -Steve Young";

r_text[170] = " I know that Im never as good or bad as any single performance. Ive never believed my critics or my worshippers, and I've always been able to leave the game at the arena. -Charles Barkley ";

r_text[171] = " Ain't no chance if you dont take it. -Guy Clark ";

r_text[172] = " In war there is no substitute for victory. -Douglas MacArthur ";

r_text[173] = " You need to play with supreme confidence, or else you'll lose again, and then losing becomes a habit. -Joe Paterno ";

r_text[174] = " You have to perform at a consistently higher level than others. Thats the mark of a true professional. 
-Joe Paterno ";

r_text[175] = " Concentration is the ability to think about absolutely nothing when it is absolutely necessary. -Ray Knight ";

r_text[176] = " To be prepared is half the victory. -Miguel Cervantes";	

r_text[177] = " The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. -Vidal Sassoon ";

r_text[178] = " The best and fastest way to learn a sport is to watch and imitate a champion. -Jean-Claude Killy ";

r_text[179] = " Everyone has limits on the time they can devote to exercise, and cross-training simply gives you the best return on your investmentbalanced fitness with minimum injury risk and maximum fun. -Paula Newby-Fraser"; 

r_text[180] = " Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. -Amelia Earhart";

r_text[181] = " Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it. -Chuck Noll, ex-Pittsburgh Steelers Coach ";

r_text[182] = " When you're are playing for the national championship, it's not a matter of life or death. Its more important than that. -Duffy Daugherty ";

r_text[183] = " The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. -Vincent T. Lombardi ";

r_text[184] = " My thoughts before a big race are usually pretty simple. I tell myself: Get out of the blocks, run your race, stay relaxed. If you run your race, you'll win....Channel your energy. Focus. -Carl Lewis ";

r_text[185] = " The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can't do. -Dennis Waitley";

r_text[186] = " There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or youre OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between. -Pat Riley ";

r_text[187] = " The game isn't over till it's over. -Yogi Berra ";

r_text[188] = " Ingenuity, plus courage, plus work, equals miracles. -Bob Richards, Pole Vaulter"; 

r_text[189] = " It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. -John Wooden ";

r_text[190] = " I'll always be Number 1 to myself. -Moses Malone ";

r_text[191] = " I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. -Thomas Jefferson ";

r_text[192] = " Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. -Thomas Edison ";

r_text[193] = " You learn you can do your best even when its hard, even when you're tired and maybe hurting a little bit. It feels good to show some courage. -Joe Namath ";

r_text[194] = " If you don't do whats best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end. -Julius Erving ";

r_text[195] = " If you set a goal for yourself and are able to achieve it, you have won your race. Your goal can be to come in first, to improve your performance, or just finish the raceits up to you. -Dave Scott, Triathlete ";

r_text[196] = " I've always made a total effort, even when the odds seemed entirely against me. I never quit trying; I never felt that I didnt have a chance to win. -Arnold Palmer ";

r_text[197] = " Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing! -Pat Riley ";

r_text[198] = " I will always be someone who wants to do better than others. I love competition. -Jean-Claude Killy ";

r_text[199] = " Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance. -Samuel Johnson ";

r_text[200] = " Other people may not have had high expectations for me... but I had high expectations for myself. -Shannon Miller ";

r_text[201] = " I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability. -Bruce Jenner ";

r_text[202] = " In order to win you must be prepared to lose sometime. And leave one or two cards showing. -Van Morrison ";

r_text[203] = " He who stops being better stops being good. -Oliver Cromwell ";

var i = Math.floor(204*Math.random())

document.write(r_text[i]);

//-->
</script></center>

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Just in glancing it looks like you have a new line in this one and you can't have newlines within a string like this or it will think it's an unterminated string.

r_text[52] = "<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=H86W8MxD1Ps' target='_blank'>
  Click here for the inspirational sports story of <b>Derek Redmond</b></font></a>.";

should be:

r_text[52] = "<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=H86W8MxD1Ps' target='_blank'>Click here for the inspirational sports story of <b>Derek Redmond</b></font></a>.";

Thank you. I thought I got all those out, but Dani Web's numbered lines make it a ton easier to see. Do you know of an html editor platform that displays code that way?

Thanks again.

Here's my working code for anyone who wants quotes on their site

<hr size="3" />
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
var r_text = new Array (202);
r_text[0] =  "    If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been.";
r_text[1] = "     Never, never, never give up!";
r_text[2] = "     Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.";
r_text[3] = "  You are never a loser until you quit trying. ";
r_text[4] = "  If you aren't going all the way, why go at all? ";
r_text[5] = "  You owe it to yourself to be the best you can possibly be - in sports and in life. ";
r_text[6] = "  The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. ";

r_text[7] = "  You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. ";

r_text[8] = "   The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in one's determination.";

r_text[9] = "  Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.";

r_text[10] = "  It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up.";

r_text[11] = "  It is not the size of a man but the size of his heart that matters.";

r_text[12] = "  Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.";

r_text[13] = "  It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.";

r_text[14] = "  Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.";

r_text[15] = "  Sweat plus sacrifice equals success.";

r_text[16] = "  The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.";

r_text[17] = "  Set your goals high, and don't stop till you get there.";

r_text[18] = "  Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.";

r_text[19] = "  To be prepared is half the victory.";

r_text[20] = "  The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.";

r_text[21] = "  Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear- not the absence of fear.";

r_text[22] = "  Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.";

r_text[23] = "  He who stops being better stops being good.";

r_text[24] = "  Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.";

r_text[25] = "  One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it.";

r_text[26] = "  Pain is temporary.";

r_text[27] = "  Sometimes it is more important to discover what one cannot do than what one can do.";

r_text[28] = "  Keep becoming more until there's nothing more to become.";

r_text[29] = "  Defeat is worse than death, for you must live with defeat.";

r_text[30] = "  Pain heals.";

r_text[31] = "  The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.";

r_text[32] = "  Fortune favors the brave.";

r_text[33] = "  Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.";

r_text[34] = "  Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.";

r_text[35] = "  Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.";

r_text[36] = "  Without faith, nothing is possible. With faith, nothing is impossible.";

r_text[37] = "  Being brave is merely being the only one who knows you're afraid.";

r_text[38] = "  Courage is the willingness to depart from the familiar.";

r_text[39] = "  Big shots are only little shots who kept shooting";

r_text[40] = "  What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?";

r_text[41] = "  The only pain that matters is the pain you inflict.";

r_text[42] = "  Don’t let a win get to your head or a loss to your heart.";

r_text[43] = "  To have a rainbow, you must endure a little rain.";

r_text[44] = "  Basketball doesn't build character, it reveals it.";

r_text[45] = "  Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.";

r_text[46] = "  If you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.";

r_text[47] = "  For us, there is only the trying. The rest is not our business.";

r_text[48] = "  Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.";

r_text[49] = "  Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.";

r_text[50] = "  Life doesn't require that we be the best, only that we try our best.";

r_text[51] = "  Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it.";

r_text[52] = " In order to win you must be prepared to lose sometime. And leave one or two cards showing. -Van Morrison ";

r_text[53] = " He who stops being better stops being good. -Oliver Cromwell ";

r_text[54] = " Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.";

r_text[55] = "  Winners forget there's a race... They just love to run.";

r_text[56] = "  Reach for things that are beyond your grasp.";

r_text[57] = "  Things turn out the best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.";

r_text[58] = "  Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.";

r_text[59] = " The race is long... and in the end it`s only with yourself";

r_text[60] = " Destiny is what you make of it";

r_text[61] = " A champion is someone who gets up even when they can't";

r_text[62] = " You can't win unless you learn how to lose";
r_text[63] = " Dreams are wishes your heart makes";
r_text[64] = " Sports do not build character. They reveal it.";
r_text[65] = " All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them";
r_text[66] = " The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion when no one else is looking";
r_text[67] = " Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is its twin brother";
r_text[68] = " Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.";
r_text[69] = " Winners never quit and quitters never win.";
r_text[70] = " Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.";
r_text[71] = " Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.";
r_text[72] = " If you think you know it all, that'll be all you'll ever know.";
r_text[73] = " Victory goes to the player who makes the next to last mistake.";
r_text[74] = " Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional";
r_text[75] = " Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.-- Muhammad Ali";

r_text[76] = " Champions keep playing until they get it right.-- Billie Jean King";

r_text[77] = " Competing in sports has taught me that if I'm not willing to give 120 percent, somebody else will.-- Ron Blomberg";

r_text[78] = " Develop the winning edge; small differences in your performance can lead to large differences in your results.-- Brian Tracy";

r_text[79] = " Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.-- Emile Coue";

r_text[80] = " Face each day with the expectation of achieving good, rather than the dread of falling short.-- Shannon Miller";

r_text[81] = " How you respond to the challenge in the second half will determine what you become after the game, whether you are a winner or a loser.-- Lou Holtz";

r_text[82] = " I learned that if you want to make it bad enough, no matter how bad it is, you can make it.-- Gale Sayers";

r_text[83] = " I think self-awareness is probably the most important thing towards being a champion. -- Billie Jean King";

r_text[84] = " If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average.-- M.H. Alderson";

r_text[85] = " If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat.-- Herschel Walker ";

r_text[86] = " In order to excel, you must be completely dedicated to your chosen sport. You must also be prepared to work hard and be willing to accept destructive criticism. Without 100% dedication, you won't be able to do this.-- Wilson Mizner";

r_text[87] = " In sports, you simply aren't considered a real champion until you have defended your title successfully. Winning it once can be a fluke; winning it twice proves you are the best.-- Althea Gibson";

r_text[88] = " It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.-- Seneca";

r_text[89] = " It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired; you quit when the gorilla is tired.-- Robert Strauss";

r_text[90] = " It's never been easy. But I've always wanted to play hockey. I love hockey. I'd rather play hockey than do anything else. If you have that kind of desire, I think you can achieve what you want to achieve.-- Manon Rheaume";

r_text[91] = " I've always made a total effort, even when the odds seemed entirely against me. I never quit trying; I never felt that I didn't have a chance to win.-- Arnold Palmer";

r_text[92] = " I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.-- Michael Jordan";

r_text[93] = " Live daringly, boldly, fearlessly. Taste the relish to be found in competition - in having put forth the best within you.-- Henry J. Kaiser";

r_text[94] = " Mind is everything: muscle--pieces of rubber. All that I am, I am because of my mind.-- Paavo Nurmi";

r_text[95] = " No matter how tough, no matter what kind of outside pressure, no matter how many bad breaks along the way, I must keep my sights on the final goal, to win, win, win—and with more love and passion than the world has ever witnessed in any performance.--Billie Jean King";

r_text[96] = " No steam or gas drives anything until it is confined. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined.-- Harry Emerson Fosdick D.D";

r_text[97] = " Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.-- Sydney Smith";

r_text[98] = " One of the things that my parents have taught me is never listen to other people's expectations. You should live your own life and live up to your own expectations, and those are the only things I really care about it.-- Tiger Woods";

r_text[99] = " Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.-- Lance Armstrong";

r_text[100] = " Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.-- Arthur Ashe";

r_text[101] = " Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.-- Lou Brock";

r_text[102] = " The best and fastest way to learn a sport is to watch and imitate a champion.-- Jean-Claude Killy";

r_text[103] = " The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.-- Ferdinand Foch";

r_text[104] = " The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can't do.-- Dennis Waitley";

r_text[105] = " There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.-- Pat Riley";

r_text[106] = " To succeed...You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.-- Tony Dorsett";

r_text[107] = " We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.-- Aristotle ";

r_text[108] = " Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.-- Bernadette Devlin";

r_text[109] = " You can become a winner only if you are willing to walk over the edge.-- Damon Runyon ";

r_text[110] = " You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.-- Michael Phelps";

r_text[111] = " You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.-- Albert Einstein";

r_text[112] = " You miss 100% of the shots you never take.-- Wayne Gretzky";

r_text[113] = "I want to be remembered as the guy who gave his all whenever he was on the field. -Walter Payton";

r_text[114] = " If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting.";

r_text[115] = "The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.";

r_text[116] = "The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, that I never dog it. -Wayne Gretzky";

r_text[117] = "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.";

r_text[118] = "Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. -John Wooden";

r_text[119] = "It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up.";

r_text[120] = "I learned that the only way you are going to get anywhere in life is to work hard at it. Whether you're a musician, a writer, an athlete or a businessman, there is no getting around it. If you do, you'll win - if you don't, you won't.";

r_text[121] = "Don't give up at half-time. Concentrate on winning the second half.";

r_text[122] = "There are only two options regarding commitment; you're either in or you're out. There's no such thing as life in-between.";

r_text[123] = "Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.";

r_text[124] = "Some people say I have attitude - maybe I do... but I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does - that makes you a winner right there.";

r_text[125] = "The most important key to achieving great success is to decide upon your goal and launch, get started, take action, move.";

r_text[126] = "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.";

r_text[127] = "The man who has no imagination has no wings. -Muhammad Ali";

r_text[128] = "The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory.";

r_text[129] = "It is not the size of a man but the size of his heart that matters.";

r_text[130] = "Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play. -Mike Singletary";

r_text[131] = "Coaching is nothing more than eliminating mistakes before you get fired. -Lou Holtz";

r_text[132] = "When I go our on the ice, I just think about my skating. I forget it is a competition. -Katarina Witt";

r_text[133] = "To give yourself the best possible chance of playing to your potential, you must prepare for every eventuality. That means practice.";

r_text[134] = "You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, rest when you know that it was a one hundred percent effort that you gave - win or lose.";

r_text[135] = "I've always made a total effort, even when the odds seemed entirely against me. I never quit trying; I never felt that I didn't have a chance to win.";

r_text[136] = "Luck? Sure. But only after long practice and only with the ability to think under pressure.";

r_text[137] = " The only way to overcome is to hang in. Even I'm starting to believe that. -Dan OBrien";

r_text[138] = " When you're riding, only the race in which you're riding is important. -Bill Shoemaker ";

r_text[139] = " It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness. -Seneca ";

r_text[140] = " The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club wont be worth a dime. -Babe ruth ";

r_text[141] = " The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, thats the day you start to the top. -O.J. Simpson ";

r_text[142] = " The country is full of good coaches. What it takes to win is a bunch of interested players. -Don Coryell, ex-San Diego Chargers Coach"; 

r_text[143] = " When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor. -Pat Riley";

r_text[144] = " Adversity cause some men to break; others to break records. -William A. Ward"; 

r_text[145] = " You have no control over what the other guy does. You only have control over what you do. -A J Kitt ";

r_text[146] = " It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. -Archie Griffen, two-time Heisman winner ( 5ft 9) ";

r_text[147] = " There's no substitute for guts. -Paul Bear Bryant ";

r_text[148] = " I really lack the words to compliment myself today. -Alberto Tomba ";

r_text[149] = " How you respond to the challenge in the second half will determine what you become after the game, whether you are a winner or a loser. -Lou Holtz ";

r_text[150] = " My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging -Hank Aaron ";

r_text[151] = " Besides pride, loyalty, discipline, heart, and mind, confidence is the key to all the locks. -Joe Paterno ";

r_text[152] = " The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. -Joe Paterno ";

r_text[153] = " It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. -Muhammad Ali ";

r_text[154] = " Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true. -Honore de Balzac";

r_text[155] = " The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. -Vince Lombardi"; 

r_text[156] = " You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. -Michael Jordan ";

r_text[157] = " If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat. -Herschel Walker";

r_text[158] = " The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost. -George Shultz ";

r_text[159] = " Perhaps the single most important element in mastering the techniques and tactics of racing is experience. But once you have the fundamentals, acquiring the experience is a matter of time. -Greg LeMond ";

r_text[160] = " To succeed... You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you. -Tony Dorsett ";

r_text[161] = " Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates. -Magic Johnson";

r_text[162] = " Set your goals high, and dont stop till you get there. -Bo Jackson ";

r_text[163] = " I learned that if you want to make it bad enough, no matter how bad it is, you can make it. -Gale Sayers ";

r_text[164] = " The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination -Tommy Lasorda ";

r_text[165] = " Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Coach Darrel Royal"; 

r_text[166] = " You can become a winner only if you are willing to walk over the edge. -Damon Runyon ";

r_text[167] = " It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired you quit when the gorilla is tired. -Robert Strauss ";

r_text[168] = " If you can believe it, the mind can achieve it. -Ronnie Lott";

r_text[169] = " The principle is competing against yourself. It's about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before. -Steve Young";

r_text[170] = " I know that Im never as good or bad as any single performance. Ive never believed my critics or my worshippers, and I've always been able to leave the game at the arena. -Charles Barkley ";

r_text[171] = " Ain't no chance if you dont take it. -Guy Clark ";

r_text[172] = " In war there is no substitute for victory. -Douglas MacArthur ";

r_text[173] = " You need to play with supreme confidence, or else you'll lose again, and then losing becomes a habit. -Joe Paterno ";

r_text[174] = " You have to perform at a consistently higher level than others. Thats the mark of a true professional. -Joe Paterno ";

r_text[175] = " Concentration is the ability to think about absolutely nothing when it is absolutely necessary. -Ray Knight ";

r_text[176] = " To be prepared is half the victory. -Miguel Cervantes";	

r_text[177] = " The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. -Vidal Sassoon ";

r_text[178] = " The best and fastest way to learn a sport is to watch and imitate a champion. -Jean-Claude Killy ";

r_text[179] = " Everyone has limits on the time they can devote to exercise, and cross-training simply gives you the best return on your investmentbalanced fitness with minimum injury risk and maximum fun. -Paula Newby-Fraser"; 

r_text[180] = " Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. -Amelia Earhart";

r_text[181] = " Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it. -Chuck Noll, ex-Pittsburgh Steelers Coach ";

r_text[182] = " When you're are playing for the national championship, it's not a matter of life or death. Its more important than that. -Duffy Daugherty ";

r_text[183] = " The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. -Vincent T. Lombardi ";

r_text[184] = " My thoughts before a big race are usually pretty simple. I tell myself: Get out of the blocks, run your race, stay relaxed. If you run your race, you'll win....Channel your energy. Focus. -Carl Lewis ";

r_text[185] = " The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can't do. -Dennis Waitley";

r_text[186] = " There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or youre OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between. -Pat Riley ";

r_text[187] = " The game isn't over till it's over. -Yogi Berra ";

r_text[188] = " Ingenuity, plus courage, plus work, equals miracles. -Bob Richards, Pole Vaulter"; 

r_text[189] = " It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. - John Wooden ";

r_text[190] = " I'll always be Number 1 to myself. -Moses Malone ";

r_text[191] = " I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. -Thomas Jefferson ";

r_text[192] = " Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. -Thomas Edison ";

r_text[193] = " You learn you can do your best even when its hard, even when you're tired and maybe hurting a little bit. It feels good to show some courage. -Joe Namath ";

r_text[194] = " If you don't do whats best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end. -Julius Erving ";

r_text[195] = " If you set a goal for yourself and are able to achieve it, you have won your race. Your goal can be to come in first, to improve your performance, or just finish the raceits up to you. -Dave Scott, Triathlete ";

r_text[196] = " I've always made a total effort, even when the odds seemed entirely against me. I never quit trying; I never felt that I didnt have a chance to win. -Arnold Palmer ";

r_text[197] = " Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing! -Pat Riley ";

r_text[198] = " I will always be someone who wants to do better than others. I love competition. -Jean-Claude Killy ";

r_text[199] = " Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance. -Samuel Johnson ";

r_text[200] = " Other people may not have had high expectations for me... but I had high expectations for myself. -Shannon Miller ";

r_text[201] = " I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability. -Bruce Jenner ";

var i = Math.floor(202*Math.random())

document.write(r_text[i]);

//-->
</script>

I do all my coding in vi. Both the linux and windows versions offer line numbering and format highlighting(the biggest lifesaver as you can see quickly if you have and un-terminated string). But for what it's worth I think most of your IDE/code editors will do this (short of your basic Notepad). If you've not used vi before I would suggest going with Notepad++ as it does all the above but it has less of a learning curve (this could start a "mine's better" war though as editors are just personal pref no matter how much "better" one says theirs is.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.