Contributors
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Anahit

Hi.
As I understand you want the left and right divs be the same height as the center div, right? And the left and right divs have the same height (static). Only the center div changes its height.
I can suggest you using jquery methode.
First of all be sure that you include the latest version of jquery library in your html. I attach one, you can use it. The use this script:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(function(){
var rightLeft= $('#right').height();
var center=$('#center').height();
if(rightLeft<center){
$('#right').height($('#center').height());
$('#left').height($('#center').height());}
else{$('#center').height($('#right').height());}

});
</script>

And also for the footer being in the right place do the following in your css.

#footer{
clear:both;}//to clear all the floats;

Attachments
/*!
 * jQuery JavaScript Library v1.4.2
 * http://jquery.com/
 * Copyright 2010, John Resig
 * Dual licensed under the MIT or GPL Version 2 licenses.
 * http://jquery.org/license
 * Includes Sizzle.js
 * http://sizzlejs.com/
 * Copyright 2010, The Dojo Foundation
 * Released under the MIT, BSD, and GPL Licenses.
 * Date: Sat Feb 13 22:33:48 2010 -0500
 */
(function(A,w){function ma(){if(!c.isReady){try{s.documentElement.doScroll("left")}catch(a){setTimeout(ma,1);return}c.ready()}}function Qa(a,b){b.src?c.ajax({url:b.src,async:false,dataType:"script"}):c.globalEval(b.text||b.textContent||b.innerHTML||"");b.parentNode&&b.parentNode.removeChild(b)}function X(a,b,d,f,e,j){var i=a.length;if(typeof b==="object"){for(var o in b)X(a,o,b[o],f,e,d);return a}if(d!==w){f=!j&&f&&c.isFunction(d);for(o=0;o<i;o++)e(a[o],b,f?d.call(a[o],o,e(a[o],b)):d,j);return a}return i?
e(a[0],b):w}function J(){return(new Date).getTime()}function Y(){return false}function Z(){return true}function na(a,b,d){d[0].type=a;return c.event.handle.apply(b,d)}function oa(a){var b,d=[],f=[],e=arguments,j,i,o,k,n,r;i=c.data(this,"events");if(!(a.liveFired===this||!i||!i.live||a.button&&a.type==="click")){a.liveFired=this;var u=i.live.slice(0);for(k=0;k<u.length;k++){i=u[k];i.origType.replace(O,"")===a.type?f.push(i.selector):u.splice(k--,1)}j=c(a.target).closest(f,a.currentTarget);n=0;for(r=
j.length;n<r;n++)for(k=0;k<u.length;k++){i=u[k];if(j[n].selector===i.selector){o=j[n].elem;f=null;if(i.preType==="mouseenter"||i.preType==="mouseleave")f=c(a.relatedTarget).closest(i.selector)[0];if(!f||f!==o)d.push({elem:o,handleObj:i})}}n=0;for(r=d.length;n<r;n++){j=d[n];a.currentTarget=j.elem;a.data=j.handleObj.data;a.handleObj=j.handleObj;if(j.handleObj.origHandler.apply(j.elem,e)===false){b=false;break}}return b}}function pa(a,b){return"live."+(a&&a!=="*"?a+".":"")+b.replace(/\./g,"`").replace(/ /g,
"&")}function qa(a){return!a||!a.parentNode||a.parentNode.nodeType===11}function ra(a,b){var d=0;b.each(function(){if(this.nodeName===(a[d]&&a[d].nodeName)){var f=c.data(a[d++]),e=c.data(this,f);if(f=f&&f.events){delete e.handle;e.events={};for(var j in f)for(var i in f[j])c.event.add(this,j,f[j][i],f[j][i].data)}}})}function sa(a,b,d){var f,e,j;b=b&&b[0]?b[0].ownerDocument||b[0]:s;if(a.length===1&&typeof a[0]==="string"&&a[0].length<512&&b===s&&!ta.test(a[0])&&(c.support.checkClone||!ua.test(a[0]))){e=
true;if(j=c.fragments[a[0]])if(j!==1)f=j}if(!f){f=b.createDocumentFragment();c.clean(a,b,f,d)}if(e)c.fragments[a[0]]=j?f:1;return{fragment:f,cacheable:e}}function K(a,b){var d={};c.each(va.concat.apply([],va.slice(0,b)),function(){d[this]=a});return d}function wa(a){return"scrollTo"in a&&a.document?a:a.nodeType===9?a.defaultView||a.parentWindow:false}var c=function(a,b){return new c.fn.init(a,b)},Ra=A.jQuery,Sa=A.$,s=A.document,T,Ta=/^[^<]*(<[\w\W]+>)[^>]*$|^#([\w-]+)$/,Ua=/^.[^:#\[\.,]*$/,Va=/\S/,
Wa=/^(\s|\u00A0)+|(\s|\u00A0)+$/g,Xa=/^<(\w+)\s*\/?>(?:<\/\1>)?$/,P=navigator.userAgent,xa=false,Q=[],L,$=Object.prototype.toString,aa=Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty,ba=Array.prototype.push,R=Array.prototype.slice,ya=Array.prototype.indexOf;c.fn=c.prototype={init:function(a,b){var d,f;if(!a)return this;if(a.nodeType){this.context=this[0]=a;this.length=1;return this}if(a==="body"&&!b){this.context=s;this[0]=s.body;this.selector="body";this.length=1;return this}if(typeof a==="string")if((d=Ta.exec(a))&&
(d[1]||!b))if(d[1]){f=b?b.ownerDocument||b:s;if(a=Xa.exec(a))if(c.isPlainObject(b)){a=[s.createElement(a[1])];c.fn.attr.call(a,b,true)}else a=[f.createElement(a[1])];else{a=sa([d[1]],[f]);a=(a.cacheable?a.fragment.cloneNode(true):a.fragment).childNodes}return c.merge(this,a)}else{if(b=s.getElementById(d[2])){if(b.id!==d[2])return T.find(a);this.length=1;this[0]=b}this.context=s;this.selector=a;return this}else if(!b&&/^\w+$/.test(a)){this.selector=a;this.context=s;a=s.getElementsByTagName(a);return c.merge(this,
a)}else return!b||b.jquery?(b||T).find(a):c(b).find(a);else if(c.isFunction(a))return T.ready(a);if(a.selector!==w){this.selector=a.selector;this.context=a.context}return c.makeArray(a,this)},selector:"",jquery:"1.4.2",length:0,size:function(){return this.length},toArray:function(){return R.call(this,0)},get:function(a){return a==null?this.toArray():a<0?this.slice(a)[0]:this[a]},pushStack:function(a,b,d){var f=c();c.isArray(a)?ba.apply(f,a):c.merge(f,a);f.prevObject=this;f.context=this.context;if(b===
"find")f.selector=this.selector+(this.selector?" ":"")+d;else if(b)f.selector=this.selector+"."+b+"("+d+")";return f},each:function(a,b){return c.each(this,a,b)},ready:function(a){c.bindReady();if(c.isReady)a.call(s,c);else Q&&Q.push(a);return this},eq:function(a){return a===-1?this.slice(a):this.slice(a,+a+1)},first:function(){return this.eq(0)},last:function(){return this.eq(-1)},slice:function(){return this.pushStack(R.apply(this,arguments),"slice",R.call(arguments).join(","))},map:function(a){return this.pushStack(c.map(this,
function(b,d){return a.call(b,d,b)}))},end:function(){return this.prevObject||c(null)},push:ba,sort:[].sort,splice:[].splice};c.fn.init.prototype=c.fn;c.extend=c.fn.extend=function(){var a=arguments[0]||{},b=1,d=arguments.length,f=false,e,j,i,o;if(typeof a==="boolean"){f=a;a=arguments[1]||{};b=2}if(typeof a!=="object"&&!c.isFunction(a))a={};if(d===b){a=this;--b}for(;b<d;b++)if((e=arguments[b])!=null)for(j in e){i=a[j];o=e[j];if(a!==o)if(f&&o&&(c.isPlainObject(o)||c.isArray(o))){i=i&&(c.isPlainObject(i)||
c.isArray(i))?i:c.isArray(o)?[]:{};a[j]=c.extend(f,i,o)}else if(o!==w)a[j]=o}return a};c.extend({noConflict:function(a){A.$=Sa;if(a)A.jQuery=Ra;return c},isReady:false,ready:function(){if(!c.isReady){if(!s.body)return setTimeout(c.ready,13);c.isReady=true;if(Q){for(var a,b=0;a=Q[b++];)a.call(s,c);Q=null}c.fn.triggerHandler&&c(s).triggerHandler("ready")}},bindReady:function(){if(!xa){xa=true;if(s.readyState==="complete")return c.ready();if(s.addEventListener){s.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",
L,false);A.addEventListener("load",c.ready,false)}else if(s.attachEvent){s.attachEvent("onreadystatechange",L);A.attachEvent("onload",c.ready);var a=false;try{a=A.frameElement==null}catch(b){}s.documentElement.doScroll&&a&&ma()}}},isFunction:function(a){return $.call(a)==="[object Function]"},isArray:function(a){return $.call(a)==="[object Array]"},isPlainObject:function(a){if(!a||$.call(a)!=="[object Object]"||a.nodeType||a.setInterval)return false;if(a.constructor&&!aa.call(a,"constructor")&&!aa.call(a.constructor.prototype,
"isPrototypeOf"))return false;var b;for(b in a);return b===w||aa.call(a,b)},isEmptyObject:function(a){for(var b in a)return false;return true},error:function(a){throw a;},parseJSON:function(a){if(typeof a!=="string"||!a)return null;a=c.trim(a);if(/^[\],:{}\s]*$/.test(a.replace(/\\(?:["\\\/bfnrt]|u[0-9a-fA-F]{4})/g,"@").replace(/"[^"\\\n\r]*"|true|false|null|-?\d+(?:\.\d*)?(?:[eE][+\-]?\d+)?/g,"]").replace(/(?:^|:|,)(?:\s*\[)+/g,"")))return A.JSON&&A.JSON.parse?A.JSON.parse(a):(new Function("return "+
a))();else c.error("Invalid JSON: "+a)},noop:function(){},globalEval:function(a){if(a&&Va.test(a)){var b=s.getElementsByTagName("head")[0]||s.documentElement,d=s.createElement("script");d.type="text/javascript";if(c.support.scriptEval)d.appendChild(s.createTextNode(a));else d.text=a;b.insertBefore(d,b.firstChild);b.removeChild(d)}},nodeName:function(a,b){return a.nodeName&&a.nodeName.toUpperCase()===b.toUpperCase()},each:function(a,b,d){var f,e=0,j=a.length,i=j===w||c.isFunction(a);if(d)if(i)for(f in a){if(b.apply(a[f],
d)===false)break}else for(;e<j;){if(b.apply(a[e++],d)===false)break}else if(i)for(f in a){if(b.call(a[f],f,a[f])===false)break}else for(d=a[0];e<j&&b.call(d,e,d)!==false;d=a[++e]);return a},trim:function(a){return(a||"").replace(Wa,"")},makeArray:function(a,b){b=b||[];if(a!=null)a.length==null||typeof a==="string"||c.isFunction(a)||typeof a!=="function"&&a.setInterval?ba.call(b,a):c.merge(b,a);return b},inArray:function(a,b){if(b.indexOf)return b.indexOf(a);for(var d=0,f=b.length;d<f;d++)if(b[d]===
a)return d;return-1},merge:function(a,b){var d=a.length,f=0;if(typeof b.length==="number")for(var e=b.length;f<e;f++)a[d++]=b[f];else for(;b[f]!==w;)a[d++]=b[f++];a.length=d;return a},grep:function(a,b,d){for(var f=[],e=0,j=a.length;e<j;e++)!d!==!b(a[e],e)&&f.push(a[e]);return f},map:function(a,b,d){for(var f=[],e,j=0,i=a.length;j<i;j++){e=b(a[j],j,d);if(e!=null)f[f.length]=e}return f.concat.apply([],f)},guid:1,proxy:function(a,b,d){if(arguments.length===2)if(typeof b==="string"){d=a;a=d[b];b=w}else if(b&&
!c.isFunction(b)){d=b;b=w}if(!b&&a)b=function(){return a.apply(d||this,arguments)};if(a)b.guid=a.guid=a.guid||b.guid||c.guid++;return b},uaMatch:function(a){a=a.toLowerCase();a=/(webkit)[ \/]([\w.]+)/.exec(a)||/(opera)(?:.*version)?[ \/]([\w.]+)/.exec(a)||/(msie) ([\w.]+)/.exec(a)||!/compatible/.test(a)&&/(mozilla)(?:.*? rv:([\w.]+))?/.exec(a)||[];return{browser:a[1]||"",version:a[2]||"0"}},browser:{}});P=c.uaMatch(P);if(P.browser){c.browser[P.browser]=true;c.browser.version=P.version}if(c.browser.webkit)c.browser.safari=
true;if(ya)c.inArray=function(a,b){return ya.call(b,a)};T=c(s);if(s.addEventListener)L=function(){s.removeEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",L,false);c.ready()};else if(s.attachEvent)L=function(){if(s.readyState==="complete"){s.detachEvent("onreadystatechange",L);c.ready()}};(function(){c.support={};var a=s.documentElement,b=s.createElement("script"),d=s.createElement("div"),f="script"+J();d.style.display="none";d.innerHTML="   <link/><table></table><a href='/a' style='color:red;float:left;opacity:.55;'>a</a><input type='checkbox'/>";
var e=d.getElementsByTagName("*"),j=d.getElementsByTagName("a")[0];if(!(!e||!e.length||!j)){c.support={leadingWhitespace:d.firstChild.nodeType===3,tbody:!d.getElementsByTagName("tbody").length,htmlSerialize:!!d.getElementsByTagName("link").length,style:/red/.test(j.getAttribute("style")),hrefNormalized:j.getAttribute("href")==="/a",opacity:/^0.55$/.test(j.style.opacity),cssFloat:!!j.style.cssFloat,checkOn:d.getElementsByTagName("input")[0].value==="on",optSelected:s.createElement("select").appendChild(s.createElement("option")).selected,
parentNode:d.removeChild(d.appendChild(s.createElement("div"))
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.