Hello Guys, Do you know, what is HTML-5? if Yes, then please share your knowledge about html5. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

HTML5 is higher version of HTML. In today's digital age most of the user use this technlogy. Try the below mentioned link to know more about HTML 5 -

http://www.valuecoders.com/blog/mobile-web-development-2/html5-attaining-the-next-level-of-mobile-web-browsing-and-development-infographic/

-Mike

Jump to Post

Dear Carmen, I think most of use here are wondering why you're asking such a question. A simple google search will give you many useful links as to what it is. If you have a question about a specific aspect of HTML5, sure, fire away - but what is HTML5 …

Jump to Post

All 6 Replies

this expletive reply,
not intended to be informative,
is however correct,
[answer]

The fifth generation in the development of html

[/answer]
like MS helpscreens

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the above, sometimes I cannot resist the temptation

Member Avatar

Dear Carmen, I think most of use here are wondering why you're asking such a question. A simple google search will give you many useful links as to what it is. If you have a question about a specific aspect of HTML5, sure, fire away - but what is HTML5 is like asking what's an elephant. Sorry if you find this patronizing, it's not meant to be.

I'll be brief with my own half-cocked explo:

HTML5 decades, it seems, in the making, comes of the heels of HMTL4.x and XHTML. It's a markup language subset of SGML. To all intents and purposes, you wouldn't really tell the difference between HTML4 and HTML5 from looking at a basic page other than the DocType Declaration. However, HTML5 comes with a plethora of additional attributes/properties and a few new tags. It also lends itself to working with js moreso that the other doctypes. There's hell of a lot more to it, but those are the bare bones as I see them.

Some attribute/properties are not supported by all browsers and older browsers may not support any of them. This shows a compatibility table for html5: http://caniuse.com/#cats=HTML5

HTML is latest version of HTML. In this Version HTML having <Audio></Audio> and <Video></Video> tags.
This tags allows audio and video files

Amol555, I'll just assume that first 'HTML' in your post was supposed to read HTML5?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.