hi:

i built site using DW cs6 and 960grid responsive..
i want to divide the css for individual desktop, tablets and mobile

outside of DW, i separate css into for different devices and sizes and nothing behaves..

DW wont let me use media queries and the 960grid responsive..

there must be a way to divide up the massive css sheets..

any help is greatly appreciated,

thanx

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

DW wont let me use media queries and the 960grid responsive..

I don't understand your question. The CSS code should be external which is correct. I have used other verison of 960 grid responsive. I still have it. The question you ask doesn't really make sense.

The issue you are having is more related to the design template rather than a CSS

thanx for the reply:
if you build a site w/the 960 grid using DW, then try to add the media queries (in DW) it will not let you, stating that it will not let you. if you try to separate the css desktop , tab , phone rules
it will break.. unless you do somthing i am not seeing.. thats why i posted. maybe i make simple clerical error..

Member Avatar for LastMitch

if you build a site w/the 960 grid using DW, then try to add the media queries (in DW) it will not let you, stating that it will not let you. if you try to separate the css desktop , tab , phone rules

I connect my DW to EasyPHP and it's fine.

When I modify the 960 media query CSS with DW to my EasyPHP it's fine. How is it not letting you?

We are talking about this:

/* Media queries */
@media screen and (max-width: 980px) {

}

@media screen and (max-width: 650px) {

}

@media screen and (max-width: 480px) {

}

It works on DW. I don't understand what do you mean by separating? If create a website that has a media query you just put it all together for that 1 website. If you have a 2nd website then you need to make another set of media query for that website. Does that make sense?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.