Can give more links in one image? is it possible?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Create absolute positioned divs... and position them wherever you want over the infographic.... simple...

In jquery write click event... I mean on click of that particular div (particular section of the infographic).... window.location="any_page.php"

For proper positioning of absolute divs, make sure the parent div, I mean the one which contains the infographic has its position attribute defined in css.... I mean define its position as relative, fixed or whatever... the child divs will get positioned accordingly to parent..

Simple!!

we can use image maping?
HTML Image Map has been around all this while, and yet not many web pages r using it when it comes to single image with multiple links. It's really handy and fast for web designers or developers to create multiple "Hot Spots" linking within a single image, without slicing any image for linking.For instance, your client has given you a list of sponsors and he wants each of the logo to be linked to the sponsor's web page on his website. You may want to try out Image Map, it will make your job much easier.

commented: just because something exists, does not make it valuable. Think why is an image map not often used ? -3

Yes, image mapping has been around a long time. I've used it in the past with Dreamweaver. It's a fast and easy way to get the job done but I have also been using absolute positioned divs as well according to my needs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.