I have project for school. I need to make responsive website for Mexican restaurant. So far I know, Mexican restarants are based really vivid and shouting colors, I wanted to add more color to couple headers or buttons with one of these patterns

https://www.google.com/search?q=mexican+pattern&tbm=isch

They're looking good, but also extremely not-compatible with text. Do you maybe have experiene with such and could tell me what to do? Is there a visual trick to it or I should give up on it?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

The trick is not to put text ontop of it :) If you want to use these patterns, then use a solid background color for your text areas.

Try and make the text colorful, for example make the text sort of have a texture. This can be easily achieved if you have Photoshop. Otherwise try and and have every section seperated with one color, that will go good against textured text.

With a header graphic like this I would make the text part of the graphic so I could make it stand out with dropshadow or other affects using Photoshop or some other image editor. Otherwise, I try to make my text NOT part of the graphic for a smaller file and faster page loading.

I think if you right click the image and select inspect element and see the code for the image that can help you .

why have you down voted

What does:

I think if you right click the image and select inspect element and see the code for the image that can help you .

This have in common with design? I have shouty background, and I have text to put into it, you right click and select "Inspect Element" and now what? Text perfectly matches the shouty background? It's not programming issue, there's no bug. It's visual issue and I kind of require skill of a design to resolve it.

As suggested, you should use the loud images as a main background, but then put the text in a box with a flat color, and perhaps set it to 80% opacity.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.