I need some help, i am new to html and am looking for a way to create a comments page for my blog. my html is limmented and i have dreamweaver and fireworks but no idea how to do it, any help would be greatly apreciated.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tgreer

no, i am using my Mac 10.4.7's iweb
very smoth program for easy web develpment but i like to play with every thing which is why i also am using dreamweaver and fireworks. i am hoping for something i can just link my blog page to on my site.

not a mac issue!!!
it is coding and how to code a page that allows comments, you asked how i made the blog page and yes i used a mac but the code is what i want to know, is it possible to create a page that people can leaves comments on using code or what do i need to use to make it

But you are using a MAC blog program, correct? Or did you program the blog page yourself?

If the blog uses PHP, you would need to ask this question in the PHP forum.

If you want a system (regardless of platform or IDE) that allows comments to be stored, and then incorporated into a page, you are developing a "server-side" application.

You have to have some means of storing sumbitted content. That usually means a database. You have to have a language that can talk to the database, and output HTML. That means PHP, ASP, ASP.NET - one of the server-side languages.

You can do your work on a PC or Mac, doesn't matter, but FC Jamison is absolutely correct: you need to learn a server-side programming language, and I echo his recommendation for PHP.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.