Hello:

I am currently developing DomainPhenom dot com, anyways, when you click the inquire button on the websites for sale page I want it to redirect the user to the contact form but fill in the "domain/website" field automatically on the contact form depending on what site or domain they are inquiring about. How would this be done?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You could fill in the text field with JavaScript only if it was hard-coded somewhere what to fill it in as. If you want to pass external variables into the page, you would need to use a server-side language such as PHP.

Yeah for now I am just going to have everything hard coded so I can have a specific variable attached to each domain or website link. How would I set that up? Thanks again.

<a href="contact-us.html" onclick="var w=window.open(this.href,'domain','chrome'); formfill(w.document.getElementById('domain'), 'domain.com'); return false;">domain.com</a>

Alright I got it but it opens in a new window, I just want it to go to the page, how can I edit this to work? Thanks!

Try using javascript to set a cookie with the domain information on the first page. Then, on the page with the form, you can read it out and use the domain info from it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.