In the last period of time i noticed that when i open any site contain flash, i found this flash surrounded with a gray border and if i pointed on it i found this message (click to active).

But i noticed also that this did not in some other sites lets say msn.com

by the way i want to know how to include my flash without this border appear.

this the code i use

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="738" height="370" title="FLASH LOGO">
        <param name="movie" value="../flash/work.swf">
        <param name="quality" value="high"><param name="SCALE" value="noborder">
        <embed src="../flash/work.swf" width="738" height="370" scale="noborder" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>
      </object>

I hope that their is any one help me quickly.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

This border comes from MS Internet Explorer only. This is security feature from MSIE.

It mostly comes when the .swf file is on ur localhard disk. WIth URL associated with it, it wont come. You might try out by putting the HTML and Flash swf on some server.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't make a difference. However, there are quite a few pieces of javascript that fix this problem. just google it.

Thanks Rortyi actually found the solve of this problem

post the solution?

I forgot i had used this before but this is it:

put the following in your <head>

<!--[if IE]>
<script type="text/javascript"  src="fix_eolas.js"  defer="defer"></script>
<![endif]-->

Then download the attached js file.

Hope that helps

Does that actually get rid of the click to activate border?

yepp! you better believe it! it embed a javascript file that you place within' your root directory that it references, and voila! no "click to act" or a border, etc. its basically what all the other flash-based sites on the web retain!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.