I have 5 different Browsers on my machine. Firefox, Neo Planet, Flock, IE and Netscape. The Firefox browser has been bugging me about "An Update Is Available" so I updated the browser to 2.0.0.14 Now the ONLY browser that will load any pages is my Netsacpe browser.
When I try to load any of them I get a screen saying as below or words to that effect depending on the browser.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any ideas about why this has happened (How I Can Fix It?) I've looked closely at the Internet Options in the Control Panel. There doesn't appear that anything is wrong with those settings. I've looked very carefully at the options for each browser even put all settings back to default in each. Still no pages will load except with Netscape.

I've also checked the FAQ here with no luck.

R'

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

first of why would you wanna have 5 different web browsers, you just making things difficult for yourself.so Ill recommend using one or if you really need more than one for some reason than rather use two.
Anyway the error massage is screaming at misconfigured Internet options or tcp/ip settings,so yeah this means something is seems rite but is not

commented: Inapproiate Comments. No Help What So Ever With Problem. +0

If I want 5 different browsers that should be of no consequence to anyone but me. As for it causing problems; It never has caused ANY problems in the past...NEVER!!!

The question is HOW CAN I FIX THE PROBLEM.

meant no disrespect,and was just trying to help otherwise I wouldnt have posted.yes it is your decision but you here for help so thats what I tried
Good luck though

If I want 5 different browsers that should be of no consequence to anyone but me. As for it causing problems; It never has caused ANY problems in the past...NEVER!!!

The question is HOW CAN I FIX THE PROBLEM.

other poster was just making a suggestion ,no need to bite the hand that feeds you ,I also would say no need to have all those browsers ,you are only looking for problems ,like the ones that come with updated of said browsers ,
anyway ,here is a tool to help you at least try a fix . winsockfix .
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.shtml

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.