after using adware and spybot removers as well as virus software i continue to get a pop up from a website called "http://searchfind.info/". nothing i do seems to get rid of this. what can i do? someone please help

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

do a spybot s&d scan, a ad-aware scan, and a virus scan and then post your hijackthis log in the security forum. This is posted in the wrong section.

do a spybot s&d scan, a ad-aware scan, and a virus scan and then post your hijackthis log in the security forum. This is posted in the wrong section.

he said he's already done that to no avail. I would suggest just doing a HJT log if non of the scanners seemed to help.

also, try disabling the Messenger service in XP...

he said he's already done that to no avail. I would suggest just doing a HJT log if non of the scanners seemed to help.

Actually this was said;

after using adware and spybot removers

I keep having the same prob, I had to reinstall windows completely due to a worm 32, lost everything now evern after running ad-aware and virus scan I keep getting pop ups from adaware services and spyware programs, im fing in safe mode now only way i can use internet, I can open home page google but cant get to email or nothing plz help.

I keep having the same prob, I had to reinstall windows completely due to a worm 32, lost everything now evern after running ad-aware and virus scan I keep getting pop ups from adaware services and spyware programs, im fing in safe mode now only way i can use internet, I can open home page google but cant get to email or nothing plz help.

You should start your own thread to ease confusion.

--- It might be easiest to do another fresh install. Bear in mind that it is best to have your patches, AV, Firewall, Anti-spy apps in place BEFORE connecting to the Internet. I realize that the patches can be a bit difficult if you don't slipstream - but they should definitely be top priority.

If you'd rather hold off on the clean install, please run the MBA-M and DSS steps listed in the linky below and submit the requested scanlogs in your new thread:
Read me before posting a request for assistance

• Please post the DSS extra.txt as an attachment to your post using the “Manage Attachments” button (scroll down when composing your post).
  • Hold off on posting the Uninstall List. The DSS extra.txt ought to suffice.

Best Luck :)
PP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.