First off I am not too good with computers but I am learning so bare with me please. Ok when I first turn on my computer I get 2 messages here they are in order.

During a scan of files at system startup, potential errors in the system registry were found.
P-07-0100irql:1f sysver 0xff00024
NT-Kernal error 1256
K mode_Exception_not_handled

The application or DLL C:\windows\system32\iifdddd.d\i is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette

My mcaffee wouldnt let me open the internet so I disabled it and ran with out virus scan for like a month until this stuff started happeneing. Then like last sunday or around then I just started getting a ton of popups upon opening the internet or limewire. The popups wouldnt let you close them unless I went into the task manager and hit end task. So I bought Norton and Installed it. I tried to run a scan but it just shuts down. Now I cant open any programs. I open the task manager and when I try to open stuff nothing appears no usage or anything. And I will get that second message that says its not a valid windows image. I tried to boot in safe mode but in the boot menu theres is no safe mode option. I am reall just lost right now. Any help would be great thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I would try running a System Restore Point from before you got the messages...however, since it's been over a month, this might be difficult. It sounds like you have a virus though...

sorry i can't help more...

First off I am not too good with computers but I am learning so bare with me please. Ok when I first turn on my computer I get 2 messages here they are in order.

During a scan of files at system startup, potential errors in the system registry were found.
NT-Kernal error 1256

The application or DLL C:\windows\system32\iifdddd.d\i is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette

My mcaffee wouldnt let me open the internet so I disabled it and ran with out virus scan for like a month until this stuff started happeneing. Then like last sunday or around then I just started getting a ton of popups upon opening the internet or limewire. The popups wouldnt let you close them unless I went into the task manager and hit end task. So I bought Norton and Installed it. I tried to run a scan but it just shuts down. Now I cant open any programs. I open the task manager and when I try to open stuff nothing appears no usage or anything. And I will get that second message that says its not a valid windows image. I tried to boot in safe mode but in the boot menu theres is no safe mode option. I am reall just lost right now. Any help would be great thanks.

Well We know how you got the problem limewire. Limewire is full of viruses which the music industry probably uploads (props for them) stop using Limewire and get out your xp disk and do a computer repair hopefully it can fix whatever virus you caught. Also when your computer first boots hit f8 repeatedly before that error comes up that should take you into a screen asking how you want to load windows put safemode and then run mcaffee anti-virus.

I tried a system restore the other day to the furthest point I had and it didnt help. Fogot to mention that sorry. And I tried the f8 thing with no luck I will try again shortly. What do you mean by the xp disk? What will that do and how do I do it?

NT-Kernal error 1256

I tried a system restore the other day to the furthest point I had and it didnt help. Fogot to mention that sorry. And I tried the f8 thing with no luck I will try again shortly. What do you mean by the xp disk? What will that do and how do I do it?

Put your xp disk into your computer then boot up the computer it will have a bunch of options like computer restore install etc etc there should be a computer repair spot I am pretty sure there is. Just pop in the disk and see what happens just don't hit install windows xp that will over ride your current version.

Of course, completing over riding and reinstalling it may be the only option if you can't do ANYTHING like it is now...and since no restore point or virus software will work...

but definitely try EVERYTHING else before even considering that.

I agree with Rybo. That is last ditch scenario though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.