So I'm Pretty Sure I Got A Virus, Either From A Music File Someone Sent Me, Or My Brother Downloaded Something He Shouldn't Have...my Home Page Which Is Yahoo Is Now Blank And A Security Balloon Keeps Poppong Up That Says The System Has Detected Spyware, So I Ran A Scan (avg Free Edition) It Found Alot Of Problems And Claims To Have Fixed Them...home Page Is Still Blank....my Computer Isn't Really Running Any Different But I'm Still Not Sure.....any Advice At All Would Be Appriciated. Thanks And Sorry About Not Knowing Where To Post This

Considering that the forum you posted in has an announcement at the top stating not to post help questions there and you obviously understand English, I'm puzzled that you still posted there.

====

Download HijackThis from here. Download it to your desktop and NOT a temporary folder.

==

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.