I have been away from my work computer for a week due to a vacation. I have had several coworkers on my computer while I was gone. Upon my return, every time I open an attachment and then close it, I receive an error. I can not forward emails or look at multiple attachments because the internet will shutdown after I open the first one.

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This is the Error Signature:
AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: browseui.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2900.3268 Offset: 0002874b

When I go to report the error, it says The following Files will be included in this error report ---> C:\DOCUME~1\Christy1\LOCALS~1\Temp\e170_appcompat.txt

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Christy

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Strange; you're using IE6 by the looks of it, have you tried reinstalling it or updating to a newer version?

If your work computer isn't locked down you may be able to go to control panel, add & remove programs, then repair?

Dazza :cool:

Thanks for the help. I looked in add and remove programs to try to find it to repair, but I could not see it in the list of programs. I am not amazing with computers but I can get around, could it be under a file name that I would not recognize? I dont have the software to reinstall it, is there a way to do it without software?
Thanks!!
Christy

Depending on whether it was pre-installed it won't always show there, however if you download a newer version your OS and installer should just update it.

Dazza :cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.