hello to all,
recently i went to open a program that i use for live music and it notified me that some of the .dll files that are needed to open the soft synth programs i have were missing... i went to the folder and indeed all of the files were gone! i definitely did not delete anything so i have no idea where they went?
is there a way to get them back? can i possibly "rollback" my computer a week or so to a previous state? these files are crucial to my live music and my band and it will set me back a whole lot if i have to go about reinstalling all of them all over so any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks to all who have read this,
kilegoty

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

im almost certain i have my system restore turned off for cpu usage purposes... ill check out that link but to answer your question, yes, i do use ccleaner quite frequently and i usually have no problems up until now... i honestly dont think thats the case
thanks for your help... any more ideas would be great!
peace
kilegoty

im almost certain i have my system restore turned off for cpu usage purposes...

System Restore is enabled by default on XP, but if you have turned it off then a restore is not an option.
If this is the case i would then save all my application templates that i had created by exporting them to an folder outside the application, then i would uninstall the software app and re-install it.

i do use ccleaner quite frequently and i usually have no problems up until now... i honestly dont think thats the case

I would agree....I have used CCleaner on a daily basis for many years now and i too have never experienced a problem with it!

If you suspect that there are running processes on your system that shouldnt be there, you can post i HiJackThis log file here and i will gladly take a look for you!
Malicious Software however, is more likely to target the Operating System rather than delete .dll files from a third party application.

Link to download HJT: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Trend_Micro_HijackThis_d5554.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.