For some reason my explorer home page is locked meaning I do not have access to changing it. I have since upgraded my norton, run spybot and searched for the problem without success. Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to fix it?

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by crunchie

download hijack this 1.98.2 unzip it to a folder on your hd close all browser windows scan with hijackthis hit save log save it as a txt file open it and copy all of the content to the SECURITY FORUM.

download hijack this 1.98.2 unzip it to a folder on your hd close all browser windows scan with hijackthis hit save log save it as a txt file open it and copy all of the content to the SECURITY FORUM.

THanks but before I proceed, where is the security forum?

Just post the log back in this topic if you wish. I'm moving this topic to the Security section where it belongs anyway. This is definitely a browser hijack issue.

Maybe you have locked it using one of Spybot S&D's features. It has the ability to lock the home page.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.